No claims bonus transfer from EU ? - forcer
Hello!

I just bought my first car in the UK, I have been driving foreign cars for last 10 years registered in Czech Republic (EU). I have never claimed insurance.

Is it possible to say that I have 10 years no-claim bonus or simply because I didn't have UK insurance no insurer will take this and I have effectively 0 years no claims?

I have been checking Kwik-fit and Aviva and they need written proof of no-claims which I cannot provide :/

Any ideas what to do?

Cheers!

Made make/model non-specific.

Edited by Pugugly on 31/08/2009 at 18:56

No claims bonus transfer from EU ? - alfatrike
a few insurers will take accident free years as proof of no claims. give 'footman james' a try. do you have any proof that you haven't made any claims?
No claims bonus transfer from EU ? - Rich320d
If you had an insurance policy in an EU country in your name, then you can usually get the company to provide a letter stating your no claim bonus. This could then be translated into English, most UK insurance companies accept EU no claims bonuses.

I'm coming back from the Cz Rep. also, but fortunately I have been away for less than 3 years, so Zurich will accept my NCB years from when I left the UK.

When I went to live in Cz, the insurance company accepted my UK NCB.

As most car insurance policies are any driver in Cz (a nasty habit), I expect the policy for the car you 'used' might not have been in your name?