Urgent. Can you lock this car without the key? - Lud
Just had a call from my ex-wife. She is staying in our daughter's house while the daughter is away with husband and nippers.

A neighbour told her the car seemed to be open. One of the doors was on the latch, and they are all unlocked. It's an Audi A3 diesel, five years old or so. I don't know the car myself.

How does she lock the car without the keys or fob? Can one operate the central locking from inside and then shut the door? The car is in a side street in Holloway, not the sort of place you want to leave your car unlocked.

Can anyone suggest anything?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 19/08/2009 at 01:31

Very urgent advice needed - Altea Ego
Inside will be a button that locks all doors. With the door open press the lock all doors button, and shut the door before the alrm goes off. Make sure you have everything out of it.

Most VAG central door locking buttons re fairly narrow, small, where you press one end for lock and the other end for unlock.

Very urgent advice needed - Lud
Thanks AE. I'll try that and see if she can manage.
Very urgent advice needed - Lud
Apparently the neighbours have lent her one of those steering wheel locks, so if the central locking manoeuvre doesn't work at least no one will be able to drive off. Not that they would find it especially easy with a modern jalopy like that.
Very urgent advice needed - rtj70
It needs to be checked if someone has gotten into to it too doesn't it? Why was it unlocked? And the door on the latch.
Very urgent advice needed - grumpyscot
So you lock it...... and the daughter returns to say "we deliberately left the car unlocked because........"

Suggestions please!
Urgent. Can you lock this car without the key? - Cliff Pope
? The car is in a side
street in Holloway not the sort of place you want to leave your car unlocked.

No now it isn't. Thanks for the tip off :)