95 1.4 - No fuel getting to engine - Dave D
I've got a 95 1.4 swing no fuel getting to engine. Has been cutting out intermitantly for a few months. Sometimes drives 200 yards then cuts out, always been able to start it again, but now it stopped and won't start.
I have a spark, poured some petrol down the inlet and cranked the engine, it fired.
I read a similar thread where a sensor and a relay were mentioned, where do I find them so I can test for power to the fuel pump.

Edited by Dave D on 13/08/2009 at 21:01

95 1.4 - No fuel getting to engine - Stephen Tune Up (BTON)
Best way to test for power from pump relay is to test at the pump. If I remember correctly the pump is in the tank and is got at by removing rear seat base to reveal a screwed on hatch, remove this and you should see top of tank with two pipes and a multi connector, normally there are 4 or 5 wires the smaller wires are the gauge the others pump. Remove connector test larger wires when cranking, if relay is working will produce 12v then nothing when is not cranking. If nothing may be fuel pump relay, main relay or the ECU. Relay should be above ECU behind the kick panel on the passenger side footwell, Good luck