04 2.0 TDCi ghia Loss of power - don626
I'm using someone elses comments as the problem they have seems to be the same as mine but there was no comment as to what the problem finally was.

(((((Recently i have noticed power loss when accelerating. Particularly noticable uphill where i need to change down to get up the hill, whereas i used to be able to steam past others before!!
Nothing seems to have happened, no new engine noise etc, except it sounds like the fan (that blows air into the car) gets louder as i accelerate, which it did not before. the fan noise is direcly related to acceleration.)))))

I have checked the pipes into the turbo and none apear to be split. When on cruise control or a steady acceleration the car seems to rock as if its trying to pull then not then pull then not ect. Its worse going up hills. There apears to be a power loss from the turbo its not as responsive as before, and as mentioned before when i do accelerate theres a big sound of a fan kicking in or big suck of air that never happened before either and it only happens when the car is moving not at a stand still it only happens on acceleration.

Any ideas? Much appreciated before i take it to a garage Ford want to charge £75 p/h to check for the problem.

Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 05/08/2009 at 19:27

04 2.0 TDCi ghia Loss of power - don626
Thanks guys for your help. I think i've found the prob there apears to be a split on the pipe from the EGR valve down to the intercooler its on the under side of the first curve going from the top, so it was only visible from the bottom of the car although now i no where it is i can feel it going through the top. Phoned Fraud up and asked on price. He asked is it the pipe thats narrow one end than the other (i hadn't noticed) so said yes. He quoted approx £46. Does this sound like the correct pipe and a resonable price or does anyone know where i can get it cheaper. Looks a bit of pig to change. Does anyone have any hints? Again thanks for your help. Great forum Cheers Don.