05 2.0 help needed , car shaking/pulls to left - mondeo lover
hi all.
i have a 05 2.0tdci mondeo hatch. i bought the car from fords about 2 months ago, 2 weeks ago it started pulling to the left and was vibrating/shaking at about 70mph. it went back to fords who done the tracking and balancing but it didnt seem to be any differant, it went back 3 days ago and they said they have adjusted it again, problem is ............... its still doing it but seems worse. is there anything else it clould be??????? what do i do now???
thanks guys

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 02/08/2009 at 14:30

05 2.0 help needed , car shakeing/pulls to left - Peter.N.
It definitly sounds like a wheel balance problem but it may be that the tyre is out of round. Pulling to one side won't be caused by tracking, its more likely to be a binding brake unless the suspension has been damaged at all.
05 2.0 help needed , car shakeing/pulls to left - topbloke
possible cv joint breaking up seized, could always swap front to rear to rule out wheels/tyres, Regards TB
05 2.0 help needed , car shakeing/pulls to left - mondeo lover
the car is back from fords. they have put the front wheels on the rear and rear wheels on the front.this has improved it tremendusly. what does this mean???. buckled wheel?? what do i get them to do with regards to this problem , as its still under warranty!!! thanks
05 2.0 help needed , car shakeing/pulls to left - Peter.N.
Possible faulty tyre
05 2.0 help needed , car shakeing/pulls to left - Altea Ego
>what do i get them to do with regards to this problem , as its still under warranty!!! thanks

you have no warranty for a tyre or a buckled wheel. Neither had a problem when they sold it to you.
05 2.0 help needed , car shakeing/pulls to left - mondeo lover
hi thanks for the replys.
the car has always had this problem since i bought it from the ford dearlership, it has been going in n out since. the tyres have no directional arrows on them. its only me that drives the car and i have never hit a kerb. thanks guys
05 2.0 help needed , car shaking/pulls to left - Wurzel83
Its possible that the tyres have directional ratings and they were on the wrong way round. Look for a small arrow on the wall of the tyre possibly marks "rotation". If there are none then just rule this out.
05 2.0 help needed , car shaking/pulls to left - bathtub tom
Could it have been kerbed?

Anything possibly happen just before the problems started?

Does it have another driver?
05 2.0 help needed , car shaking/pulls to left - bathtub tom
i bought the car from fords about 2 months ago, 2 weeks ago it started pulling to the left and was vibrating/shaking

>>the car has always had this problem since i bought it from the ford dearlership

Sorry! From your OP it appeared something had suddenly changed.
05 2.0 help needed , car shaking/pulls to left - TurboD
Did it do this on the test drive?, if not, then something certainlly has changed. Or was the test drive at 20 mph round the forecourt?.

In the old days, I would have suggested that an 'egg' had formed on the tyre wall, but modern tyres are better.
Sounded like a drive shaft problem to me, unless a wheel was really buckled, after hitting a kerb really hard, or other object. After all, all wheels should be balanced and fit for purpose, you do not want duff wheels on the back , or front. Still they are relatively cheap to buy.