Named driver accident effect on insurance - Mum
I'm sure this is a very obvious question and I should know the answer. If a named driver has an accident and claims, the named driver obviously has to declare it when they get their own insurance, but does the owner of the car also lose NCB. In this case own car not damaged but relatively minor damge to other car caused when named driver was at the wheel.
Named driver accident effect on insurance - SteVee
This happened to me - a named driver crashed (actually wrote off) my car.
I've always declared it and it's never caused me any problems - it doesn't appear to have affected my premiums either. I had/have protected NCB.
I've even changes insurers since the accident without any problem.
Named driver accident effect on insurance - Robin Reliant
The claim is against the policy, so the policyholder would lose his/her NCB.
Named driver accident effect on insurance - bell boy
obviously the insurance company will do a fronting check too, just in case the car was insured for the named driver just to keep the premiums down
Named driver accident effect on insurance - Mum
Gald to say that we're ok on that. It's my car and daughter on temporary 4 week cover while she looks to buy her own car
Named driver accident effect on insurance - Rattle
Hehe glad to see you're not an avid collector of 1.0 shopping trollies and have 6 teenage children :p
Named driver accident effect on insurance - cuthbert
As robin reliant the said the claim would against the policy in the car which she was driving !!

Whether it will affect her when she comes to take out her own insurance is down to the insurance company in regard to answering the question has she had any accidents in the past 5 years !! It would not effect her own NCD if she had a separate policy
Named driver accident effect on insurance - ifithelps
...I'm sure this is a very obvious question and I should know the answer....

Mum,

Insurance questions are far from clear cut and often baffle those with a keen interest in motoring.

Two tips:

Declare all the circumstances at renewal/proposal time.

Use one or more of the comparison websites - there are useful savings to be made.

Oh, and try to avoid hitting anything, but I suppose we all try to avoid that.
Named driver accident effect on insurance - rtj70
Use one or more of the comparison websites - there are useful savings to be made.

But not all companies are on these - for example DirectLine. I have no connection with Direct Line.