94 1.4 Starting problems!! - dannymcfc18
Hi i was wondering if anybody could offer me some advice. My 1994 clio automatic is having problems. It starts first time in a morning, no problems what so ever. However, after driving for around half an hour, especially on the motorway, as i stop at say a roundabout the car looses all power and really struggles to move. Then if I switch off the engine the car will not start again for about three hours but is fine again once it does start. I have taken it to an autoelectrician who told me it started every time he tried. I have also taken it to a main renualt dealership who hooked it up to a diagnostic machine and could not find any problems (with a £90 charge may I add). If anybody has any ideas what the problem could be please get in touch. I am a student and cannot afford to be spending on a new car yet.

Many Thanks
94 1.4 Starting problems!! - Peter D
You have to establish whether there is a spark when it will not start and when cranking is the fuel pump running. This could be a crank sensor not reporting the correct RPM when warm/hot. Regards Peter
94 1.4 Starting problems!! - dannymcfc18
Thanks Peter, i'll go and check it out