00 1.8 door locks - amyamandaallen
Hi,

Wondering if anyone can shed some light please....

I bought a focus last night and cannot get the passenger door to lock. I know the guy so its not a duffer might have just been bad timing.

For the last 6 months the front passenger door has locked intermittently. All he used to do was push the lock in from inside and then use the fob to lock it all from outside. No problem. Now when I got it home I got in the house and locked it. Came back outside and unlocked. By the time I got to the passenger it was still locked so opened it using the non fob ( possibly? ) key.

Now my problem is I cant lock the car due to the passenger door being 'stuck' locked somehow. If I use the fob/driver doorlock inside or out it just bounces up. I cant physically press in the button to lock the passenger door ( all others work ) from the inside as its stuck solid. If from the outside I try and unlock/lock nothing 'electrical' or mechanical seems to happen and the car still cant be locked.

Any ideas as I cant drive the car and park it anywhere till I can sort it.

Many thanks.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 10/06/2009 at 11:16

00 1800 door locks - amyamandaallen
Reread and just to clarify as dont think I was too clear...

can open and shut passenger door from outside

can open passenger door by pulling handle from inside

cannot manually lock passenger door with key from outside

cannot push the lock button in on passenger door from inside

cannot get the passenger door to lock by pressing drivers door latch.

Passenger door was opened from the outside when locked manually inside.

Cheers
00 1800 door locks - Statia
Door lock/latch mechanism is knackered on passenger door. Regular fault due to poor plastic components inside the mechanism falling to bits.

Get one from Ford dealer spares place. You know when it's a regular fault as they always have the parts in stock. Make sure you tell them if the car has deadlocking locks or not to ensure you get the correct mechanism. ~£70

I've done both doors on my 2000 focus due to them failing. Bit of a fiddly job, but not too bad. Just dont drop any bits into the bottom of the door like I did.