01 Engine management light - morti59
hi

i have 51 plate Astra and my engine light keeps coming on, i have taken it to a main Vauxhall dealer and they have done the computer test and the fault code is saying coil pack fault. this has been done 4 times and changed 4 times and yet after a set time and normally if i hit speeds of 70mph or over its comes back on.

when the light comes on it will flash the car will lose power but after about 30 seconds will go back to normal speed and when the car is turned off and then turned back on the light has gone out, however i know the car is still in limp mode.

Can any one suggest what othe causes may be making my coil pack to keep fail as its the only fault code that is registering??

Please help its doing my head in!!!

engine ?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 04/06/2009 at 01:08

01 Engine management light - piston power
4x times this has been changed? i have heard of ecu problems have you had this checked?

It may be giving you the wrong codes etc.
01 Engine management light - Number_Cruncher
Some cars needed a better earth for the coil. One way to do this is to run a direct wire from the coil to the battery terminal.

01 Engine management light - morti59
the Vauxhall dlr is sure that the error code is correct and that its something else thats causing my coil pack to fail. i am just looking to find out if any one has had a problem like this and if so were they able to resolve it?
01 Engine management light - elekie&a/c doctor
These can suffer with poor pin contacts in the coil pack connector(end of coil pack).You need to ensure the pins are clean and tight.Replacing the coil pack probably fixes it for a while because the contacts have been "wiped" during disconnection then re-connection.Also does engine have correct oil spec?HTH