citroen zx clutch - jojo
Hi

I have ongoing clutch problems with my car - K reg 1.4 ZX Avantage - had clutch replaced just over a year ago as oil leak caused it to slip. A year on a new noise has appeared when releasing the clutch, I engage gears OK but when I release clutch a sort of clunking noise is heard, plus starting to not like pulling away on hills again. I don't treat the clutch badly, riding it etc. so at a loss to know why it's playing up yet again!! Any ideas?

I have had quite a few problems with this car but have to say it has not totally let me down...yet, all seem to be fairly well-known problems - flat acceleration points (oh boy is this true!); worn driveshafts; oil leaks. It has only done 62K but feels like more, but I am 3rd owner so have inherited everyone else's problems no doubt!

Thinking of chopping it in for Mazda 323f as I love these (thanks to those who already replied on that one!) or Nissan Primera, or Audi 80 - whatever I will not be buying another Citroen. Limited budget so what do you reckon - keep the ZX going or go for German/Japanese?

citroen zx clutch - eric's son
My Nissan Almera was the best car I've owned (1995-2000 model). Not the prettiest but vast & comfy inside, 25-38 mpg on the 1.6 round London with an auto box and a heavy right foot, never once let me down despite constant cold starts & short runs, major service = 100 quid with the main dealer's "budget fit" scheme. In addition they can now be bought for buttons, and there's loads of old folks'/ ex motability ones with 20k- on the clock. They also get great 2nd hand write-ups on Parkers site.

Eric (better do some work now rather than fretting about my mercedes with bird poo problems)