02 1.8T new clutch lasted only 8k miles. - Dave H
Last November, after 160,000 miles, the clutch on my Audi A4 1.8T started slipping, so I had a new one put in at my local VAG dealer.

However, 8,000 miles later, this one has started slipping.

The dealer has said that he will need to remove the gearbox etc to see what the problem is (fair enough, of course). However, I'm worried that he'll come up with some excuse that it isn't his fault (unless it's clearly a faulty part) and I'll end up having to pay for another clutch.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how I should approach this? I'm not particularly mechanically minded and could probably be easily conned, especially when dealing with badly fitted clutches.

Once the car's in 1001 bits, I'm not in a position to take it somewhere else for a 2nd opinion!

Thanks in advance

Dave

Edited by Pugugly on 21/03/2009 at 19:52

02 1.8T New clutch lasted only 8000 miles. What to - Altea Ego
>Once the car's in 1001 bits, I'm not in a position to take it somewhere else for a 2nd >opinion!

rock and a hard place here. They fitted it, so they have to take it to bits. It cant be diagnosed without taking it to bits.

they only blme thay can attach to you is if the clutch friction material is worn.

02 1.8T New clutch lasted only 8000 miles. What to - Peter D
Did they fit a new clutch pressure plate and release bearing. Regards Peter
02 1.8T New clutch lasted only 8000 miles. What to - Dave H
I believe so.

But surely not after 8,000 miles when the last one lasted for 160,000?
02 1.8T New clutch lasted only 8000 miles. What to - Hamsafar
Maybe it's the slave cylinder sticking. Maybe it was this last time, and the new thicker clutch plate masked it for a while. Does the pedal action feel unusual?
No everything feels normal, apart from the slipping.