Octavia MkII Wet Passenger Foot Well - y5stu
I have recently purchased a new pre-face lift Octavia Estate and discovered that the front and rear passenger side foot wells are wet.

I have read reports of the MkI Octavia suffering water ingress but there does not appear to be any mention of the MkII suffereing from this. You would have thought that any early faults must have been rectified by the time I bought my car only a few weeks ago.

Any ideas or reports of Octavia MkII with the same issue would be much appreciated.

The car is booked into my local dealer for them to investigate but if they do not rectify the situation in a timely manner then I may have to reject the car. I'd rather not, I like it.
Octavia MkII Wet Passenger Foot Well - miata
Apologies in advance as what i have to say is next to useless but i recall reading i think on here but maybe elswhere that this was a common problem on all Octavias and its sister the passat.

If my memory recalls it was the design of the battery tray area which holds water allowing it to creep through somewhere.

I believe some people have just drilled a couple of holes to allow drainage.
Also i believe the pollen filter if not changed regularly can cause water ingress problems.

Then again i may be totally off track!!!
Octavia MkII Wet Passenger Foot Well - CGNorwich
Octavias and its sister the passat.

Octavia actually built on Golf floor pan rather than Passat. My money on the pollen filter being blocked
Octavia MkII Wet Passenger Foot Well - y5stu
Octavia actually built on Golf floor pan rather than Passat. My money on the pollen
filter being blocked

Pollen filter being blocked, even on a new one?
Octavia MkII Wet Passenger Foot Well - loskie
The Mk1 suffers from due to blocked drain holes on the scuttle(below windscreen) it comes in through pollen filter.
According to www.briskoda there are problems with door seals on the mk2 which should be a warranty job if applicable. Don't know if drain holes block on mk11
Octavia MkII Wet Passenger Foot Well - Mapmaker
If I bought a brand new car that had damp footwells, I might be wanting to reject it outright - or at least to demand new carpets.