Tyres for my SAAB - Neiltoo
Notwithstanding the comments on the end of SAAB thread, I'm very pleased with my 9-3 convertible Aero T2.

But after 19 months and 13000miles, it needs new tyres on the front.
These are currently Continental Sport Contact 2 225/45 R17 94W.
Whilst they've never given me a scare, and they've been as goo/bad as anything else in the recent snow etc, their tread pattern (four grooves across the tyre with only the shoulders with any radial grip) have always worried me. I've always had "zig-zag" types before - but what do I know.

Any suggestions for a better mileage with adequate grip?

Edited by Neiltoo on 20/02/2009 at 15:13

Tyres for my SAAB - Statistical outlier
My Accord takes the same size. Of all the tyres I've tried, I've been most impressed with Pirelli P6000 Powergys. The Powergy bit is really important, the standard P6000 is not great.

Quiet, long lasting, good grip and no tramlining. Not a 'sports' tyre by any means, but the Michelin PS2s that I've got on the front at the moment are not noticeably better in any way, and are wearing faster.

I'm afraid they don't have the cool chevron pattern tho.

Edited by Gordon M on 20/02/2009 at 15:46

Tyres for my SAAB - Falkirk Bairn
>>Tyres for my SAAB

Seems fair swap!

Only joking.
Ho Ho! FB

Yes I seem to remember P6000s on my SEAT Leon Cupra were poor for wear too.

(Don't think it's my driving style)
Tyres for my SAAB - Statistical outlier
P6000s don't have reinforced sidewalls and will get quickly shredded by a powerful car. The Powergy bit is the reinforced version, I get about 24k out of a front set on my 2.2 diesel Accord (more like 40k on the rear).
OK then,

Not many SAAB owners/enthiusiasts!

As a matter of record, I replaced the front tyres with AVON ZZ3s as recommended by my Little Local Supplier, at £165.30 the pair, incl VAT.

Obviously I can't comment on the wear, but the wet grip seems improved, and I'm much happier with the shape of the tread pattern.
Tyres for my SAAB - doctorchris
Tyres, what a pain they are.
They need to be replaced on most cars at a frightening rate and the choice is too wide for most consumers to comprehend.
So, some of us read all the reviews we can, trying to reach an informed and balanced opinion about our choice of tyres and others follow the advice of their tyre fitter.
At the end of the day, we all make relatively ill-informed choices about one of the most safety orientated areas on our cars.
Tyres for my SAAB - Mike H
OK then
Not many SAAB owners/enthiusiasts!

I'm afraid they are all at www.saabscene.com - tyres are a frequent subject of debate! I don't know about the 9-3, but P6000s are useless on the 9-5. No idea about the Avons - but clearly too late anyway!

Edited by Mike H on 04/03/2009 at 13:56

Tyres for my SAAB - Marc
"I replaced the front tyres with AVON ZZ3s"

I put Avon ZV5s on our Galaxy - they seem to be a good tyre and, as a bonus, are made in England.