Vectra Cruise Control - John R @ Work {P}
Do any of the Auto Electricians out there know if the brake lights affect the working of the cruise control on a Vectra?

My friends Vectras CC was not working, he noticed that a brake light had popped, he replaced it and lo and behold the CC now works.

Regards

John R
Vectra Cruise Control - Arfur
I know that CC systems usually have a cancel that is triggered by the brake light switch. Difficult to see how the failure of the brake light itself could cause a problem with the CC but there is a link between these systems.
Vectra Cruise Control - Flat in Fifth
Sorry to disappoint but I would suggest this is merely a coincidence.

Small experiment conducted on the way to the tip.

CC working OK.
Brake light bulb replaced with duff one, message dispaly brake light fault, but CC still works.
Replace with good bulb, no error message CC still OK.

Anyway don't all Vectra's with CC also have the fault display? Every time I start mine it does a brakelight check.
Vectra Cruise Control - Dynamic Dave
Flat in Firth,

Just to throw a spanner in the works so to speak. Did you try putting the duff bulb in only one side of the lights cluster or did you then try it in the other side as well? Just a thought in case some kind of sensor or other is only wired into one of the 2 clusters.
good point, t'was the offside only , I'll try the n/s and let you know. Mind you I did have a cuppa going cold, that's my excuse.

guess this is what they call peer review, M'lud. ;-)
Vectra Cruise Control - John R @ Work {P}
Thanks for the suggestions, I'll pass them onto my chum.

Regards

John R
"I'll try the n/s and let you know."

Easier said than done, of course the duff bulb was now in the skip. doh!

Anyway if removing the bulb altogether simulates the case then it has no effect on the n/s and the cc still works.