help please insurance problem - meltonlad
i rang my insurance company the other day to change my address. after talking to them they told me that there was no change in my premium. but they have taken over £75 from my account so i rang them again to ask why and i was told there was a £20 admin charge and £55.39 increase on my premium. i told them that i was told there was no charge what so ever i was not even told about the admin charge. they are refunding the admin charge and say they will have to listen to the recording of the phone call from the other day but due you think they should refund the extra in the premium due to them telling me that there was no change in premium. i just think that im being screwed over. any help would be good peeps......

made make/model non-specific

Edited by Pugugly on 26/01/2009 at 18:17

help please insurance problem - Mr X
Has any one ever changed the address where a car will be kept and received a refund ?
help please insurance problem - Bill Payer
My daughter changed mid-year from SD&P and commuting to Class 1 business use and Admiral refunded her £15! And they're usually very hot with admin charges so the actual premium reduction might have been even higher.
help please insurance problem - movilogo
Yes - I received refund when I moved to a lower crime area (though my house was burgled in the safer area!)
help please insurance problem - L'escargot
>>........... due you think they should refund the extra in the premium due
to them telling me that there was no change in premium.

Firstly, mistakes happen but you can't expect them to insure you for less than they calculate is the appropriate premium for the degree of risk you are to them. Secondly, their basis for calculating premiums may have changed from the day they spoke to you to the day they took the money out of your account.

Incidentally, do you have an arrangement that allows them to extract money from your bank account without your prior approval?
they did take the money out on the same day i spoke to them. and they did NOT have my approval to take the funds out. my risk to them has not changed ive got max ncb and all i did was change my address. i am more angry cus they have taken money without telling me and also telling me that there was no change in my premium.
help please insurance problem - Altea Ego
has not changed ive got max ncb and all i did was change my address.

the risk might well have changed. Where you live is a major factor in the premium charged,
result insurance just rang and after listening to the phone call other day they are refunding me my £20 admin charge and refunding me £40 of the premium charge so instead of costing me £75.39 for the address change they are only charging me £15.39 .... its a result cus i didnt think i would get the premium back. would have been better if they paid it all but it better than i kick up the ???. after all that i would say that esure are ok to deal with.
help please insurance problem - Hamsafar
Good. Now send them a £15 admin charge.
Good. Now send them a £15 admin charge.

haha i like that......