Chassis leg - serin1610
I recently had an argument with some black ice and lost which resulted in my car skidding into a 1ft high concrete verge. The passenger size copped it. Damage was not horrendous and car is still drivable. Front bumper obviously smashed and passenger wing got bent and wheel was pushed back a little bit. Apparently the chassis leg has got a bit bent. Not being a car mechanic this means nothing to me so can anyone explain what this bit is, where, etc and how does it get fixed.
Chassis leg - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
The part of the cars' frame to which the suspension fixes has been damaged. Sounds like you will need a new wing and bumper, lower suspension arm and possibly hub plus the damaged part of the frame will need to be 'pulled' back into position on an alignment jig.
You dont mention the age of the car but if its more than about 4 years old it will probably be written off.

Chassis leg - serin1610
Yep, new wing and front bumper. Have been told that it will need to go on a jig to get complete wheel alignment. Insurance approved garage said it could be repaired but due to the cost of labour was classed as a 'total loss'. Have been given a cash settlement so can take to another garage to get fixed. Car is an 02.

Just wanted to know really what the chassis leg was so thank you for your reply. Am a little bit clearer now.
Chassis leg - Altea Ego
>car is still drivable
>wheel was pushed back

Thats not driveable - not safely anyway.