Diesel Auto: Cheapest price ? - NigelFN
Hi there,

I am currently thinking about changing my car and the new Galaxy looks very good.

What is the lowest sort of figure that I'm likely to pay for a new model Diesel Automatic? Pref something with parking sensors (maybe Zetec or above).

Any suggestions would be welcome. Alternatively, are the prices likely to depreciate more than other cars in six months or so?

Many thanks, Nigel.

Edited by Pugugly on 15/01/2009 at 19:53

Cheapest price for a new model Galaxy - DieselAuto - NigelFN
Many thanks, looks good for a new one. Unfortunately, I can't stretch that far.

I was hoping to go second-hand to take the price down some more. Any ideas on the best place / what I'd need to get a reasonable early-model?

Thanks again.

Also, any alternatives for a reliable, well priced seven seater. We already have a Zafira, and was hoping for something a bit bigger. Not keen on old Galaxies. Discovered the C8 the other day, but then found a plethora of problems posted -0 are they really that bad?
Cheapest price for a new model Galaxy - DieselAuto - rtj70
Also consider the S-Max which shares the same platform as the new Galaxy (and Mondeo). It's not quite so big so less space in the boot when all seven seats in use. But will be cheaper than a Galaxy.
Cheapest price for a new model Galaxy - DieselAuto - dnc1781
autotrader.co.uk -

has 36 examples of 1 year old Galaxy diesel auto

starting with:

08 08 2.0 TDCi Zetec 10k miles £12975
Cheapest price for a new model Galaxy - DieselAuto - J500ANT
I had one of these from Enterprise while my car was in the bodyshop. Rather impressed with it, and 36mpg over the 2 weeks I had it.
Thanks. Tried that one on the weekend, it's one of those ads where they dont actually have any of that spec... and certainly nothing lower than over 14K.

The best that I've been able to find so far is 14K at Motorpoint.

I am now also considering the Grand Picasso EGS Diesel, at around the 10K mark for a 2 year old model. Any thoughts on whether I am wasting my money here - would I be better off ploughing another 4K into a Galaxy?

Many thanks again.

Edited by Honestjohn on 19/01/2009 at 08:26

Thanks again. I'm slightly confused here, are you suggesting that this would be a better bet, or saying that this is what the Galaxy may be worth in a few years?
Cheapest price for a new model Galaxy - DieselAuto - Pugugly
Why not try one of those Auction Buyer companies ?

Can't remember the name of the guy or his company that's often recommended on here - basically you give them your budget and the car you're after and he sources it for you. I will remember his name in a minute !
Ha !

Remembered it ! Being a Mod does wonders for you cognitive skills !

www.auctioncarbuyer.co.uk/AuctionCarBuyer-Home.htm
Cheapest price for a new model Galaxy - DieselAuto - Alby Back
Nothing to do with Boy George is he ?
I am trying to think of witty repost - leave it with me.
Cheapest price for a new model Galaxy - DieselAuto - Alby Back
Better leave it there I should think.
Cheapest price for a new model Galaxy - DieselAuto - NowWheels
Better leave it there I should think.

Surely you meant to say "Don't Go Down That Street"??? tinyurl.com/6sko46
Well he was certainly a fan of Top Gear.