05 2.0 Climate Control Problem/Depollution fault - omega1
Hi I have just bought a 307HDI 136 (55 reg 52000 mils). The first problem to raise its head was an Engine light & a Depollution system fault warning. The second problem is the Climate control, the car has a digital display while checking things out as you do with a new car I noticed the Air Con only cools down on the passenger side while the drivers side remains hot even when turned to low. Anyone out there got any ideas ?
The car came with 3 months warranty but I have only done 40 miles & the Problemshave already started. HELP I am becoming Paranoid.
Thanks

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 15/06/2009 at 00:31

05 2.0 hdi Climate Control Problem/Depollution fau - Screwloose

The only place to begin is to get the engine and air-con ECUs read for fault-codes.

Then we'll have some hard data to go on; the warnings could be flagged by almost anything and the air-con could be a distribution motor fault.
05 2.0 hdi Climate Control Problem/Depollution fau - johngf
I would be interested in what the fault with the climate contol was as I have the same fault.

Regards

John
05 2.0 hdi Climate Control Problem/Depollution fau - Metal Marky
I have exactly the same issues and the same year of Peugeot 307 hdi! The pollution warning only seems to happen when the fuel level gets low so it would suggest something grimy in the bottom of the tank getting through. (Also happens a lot after the wife has been driving the car but not got to the bottom of that one yet!)

I have been told by an insider at Peugeot that there is a know issue with 2 cogs either side of the heater that basically direct the flow of heat/cool depending on the control on the dash. There cogs have been found to wear out very quickly and if faulty are being replaced with an alternative set that are longer-lasting. In other words, I think this is a manufacturing fault and in the UK you have consumer protection for 6 years, so you might need to pay for it but then you may get your money back!

This new set of cogs is around £10 btw but it will take them about 1 hour of labour to do, so at a Peugeot garage that is about £500? :-)
05 2.0 hdi Climate Control Problem/Depollution fau - Armitage Shanks {p}
No garage charges £490/hour for labour SFAIK. Under £100 and by quite a lot, depending on where you are in the country. I wouldn't expect a bill for more than £100. I did see your smiley BTW!