Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - Vansboy
Following the demise of Asda offering a fuel card with points to be redeemed for future shopping bills (I bought more fuel, instead of food shopping), who now offers the best value scheme?
As the Shell station near the Asda store price match, I have now started to use their card. Looks like the discount ends up at just over 1p/litre, with added points if you buy enough fuel.Double points too, if you get a Shell credit card.
Seems a better deal than:-
Esso-nothing
BP-Argos points
Total-Boots/M&S vouchers
Tesco-Store points (not one on my routes anyway)
???? What have I missed?
As I spent nearly £8000 on diesel, last year & it's my own money, I do like to save it when I can, even if it's only 1p/litre!!
Mark
PS Make that £800 on diesel, plus loads more on duty!
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - Armitage Shanks{P}
You've missed the best one - Safeway. Was 5p a litre off for spending £20 which for a small shopping list and an empty tank was really good. They now have a new sliding scale which is 2p off for spending £20, going up to 20p off for spending £150; I can't remember the intermediate figures but they relate to spending £50, £80 and £120 or something like that. Where I live their diesel is 73.4p just by driving into buy and shopping in store gets you the above figures off. Looks good to me!
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - MarkyMarkD
We just had a comparative leaflet from Safeway, showing that their petrol price rebates are better than Sainsbury's and Tesco's. I didn't even realise that Tesco were doing this.

But again I agree - Safeway's basic price is the same as the best around and with 2p or 5p off per litre, you can't go wrong.

What I don't understand, though, is why they give a discount per litre rather than a straight amount off - it is very discriminatory against small car owners and hugely subsidising to MPV/off-roader drivers.
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - terryb
Marky
...you've hit the nail on the head. This is precisely why, when we get a Sainbury's 1p off coupon SWMBO uses it to top up her Berlingo, 3p or more gets used in the Jeep. We fight over the 2p coupons :o)
Terry
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - Graham
Mark. Are you for real? Don't you really have the brains to work out that those who spend a great deal in fuel should be able to benefit far more than those who use a pint a month. They contribute far more to the profits of Mr Sainsbury (like our friend above) and the fair way is for them to benefit more.

Shirley, the thing that is descriminatory is the size of the tank! Which is why I fill up my two Land Rovers, a Discovery, a Sharan, a Harley, and 20 Jerry cans, all in one go!
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - BrianW
How do you find the Harley runs on diesel? ;-))
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - Vansboy
The problem with Safeway,apart from a sliding scale of discounts,is that you can only buy up to 100lts on each voucher.I also usually fill drums & the vehicle, so around 200lts each time.
Will investigate Sainsburys, but the store is not too near.
Thanks for input.
Mark
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - carlh
Safeway may offer a better discount on fuel, but their store prices are generally higher than the likes of Tesco et al - where I live anyway. Give in one hand and take with the other as they say. I would stick with Shell - although my main reason would be that the quality of the petrol is likely to be more consistent.

Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - Tomo
I wish we could put the clock back on this. All the "free" tumblers are long gone and we are reduced to breaking the expensive cut glass ones!

What vessels do people put in these dreadful cup holders which are deemed obligatory in even better class cars now? And is it legal to use them?

Tomo
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - M.M
Tomo,

The cup holders are designed for a medium cola with a Big Mac meal. Without one the drink will be spilt before you exit the car park as you try to get change into a pocket while sitting at the same time as taking a long awaited bite of the burger.

Mobile phones.....they've nothing on the cross-handed feeding frenzy exit from a drive-through.

Don't suppose you went there for your birthday treat, wrong end of the generation spread for that I guess.

David W
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - Tomo
David W

Beefeater in fact, no more (my choice); not posh, but relaxed and friendly and grub not too bad - at least, in our local one.

You can get a pint of half-decent bitter and a nice bottle, too.

Was taken there in a Matiz which came about 70 miles for the job - remarkable how they can get about on 800cc.

Tomo
Fuel Company Loyalty Schemes - Tom Shaw
Cup Holders? Blimey, no wonder the CD's wouldn't play.