03 2.0tcdi - 4 injectors failed at 99K miles - mcros
Main Ford dealer tells me that all 4 injectors on 2003 2.0 Tcdi need to be replaced. Car has covered only 99K miles - surely all 4 injectors shouldn't need replacing ? Ford main dealer has already replaced one injector at cost of £400 + after diagnostic check - now one week later - with original poor running and smoking not fixed - is claiming remaining 3 need to be replaced at additional cost of £850.

Does this sound plausible ? I would have thought injectors were good for many more miles - should I expect Ford to replace - even though I reaslie warrnaty has expired...but there is an element of reasonable parts/component life expectancy and fitness for purpose here ?

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/10/2008 at 19:42

03 2.0tcdi 2.0 Tcdi - 4 injectors failes at 99K mi - Dr_Duffy
When I had my TDCI I had an injector fail at under 12000 miles, so failures at 99000 sound entirely plausible! Mine was a bit of nightmare and I was glad to be rid, even though repairs were done (grudingly) under warranty.
03 2.0tcdi 2.0 Tcdi - 4 injectors failes at 99K mi - cheddar
It seems that some dealers will replace an injector when recoding the original is all that is required.

Perhaps suggest to the dealer that the try recoding the injectors before anything else, in fact they might even be best placed to refit the original and recode from there.

My '02 TDCi 130 has done 130k miles, I have had it from new, I needed one injector recoding at about 70k miles IIRC, 30 mins labour.

EDIT: Then again was it only poor running or did you have any dash lights on, reduced turbo boost etc?

Edited by cheddar on 08/10/2008 at 16:24

03 2.0tcdi 2.0 Tcdi - 4 injectors failes at 99K mi - mcros
No dash lights but reduced turbo - yes. Start of all this seems to have been running a cleaner through the system to fix poor running (that wasn't done by the main dealer). Main dealer says new code on injectors 2,3,4isn't being accepted (although may have been successfuly recoded on the first one....) - all sounding complicated now..........although Main dealer hasn't (yet) suggested this is a result of the initial "cleaner" solution.....

Edited by mcros on 08/10/2008 at 16:48