Buying- some advice please - doog
Ive mentioned on a previous thread that Ive been offered 4k off the price of any new Lexus (as I expect the whole customer base has)

I have found out today that Lexus GB are promoting this.How would this effect the dealers profit margin if Lexus are basically covering this discount.

Im currently talking to two dealers and need some urgent advice.(hence new thread)I need to know if I still have room to play with over a further discount on top of this 4K. I dont want a dealer trying to kid me on that the 4K is hitting them in the pocket when clearly its not, its hitting Lexus GB. Would it be unreasonable to ask for a further 2k off for example(surely the dealer has money to play with and if Lexus are covering the 4K they cannot lose can they!!)

I would negotiate further money off by asking over the book for my part ex (also Lexus)

I dont know how the trade works so if anyone has knowledge it would nice to go pre-armed.

many thanks
Buying- some advice please - Nsar
It's down to you. Ask for the discount politely and unambiguously and then stop talking.

If you're prepared to walk away then do so. If you're really desperate for the car then be prepared for them to call your bluff.

thanks. Not desperate.

Anyone negotiated by e mail?

I visited a few days ago and got a rough part ex face to face, nothing concrete as I was just passing. They have my details etc.

Would an e mail offer be acceptable as not really in a position to go down again for a few days.
Buying- some advice please - SuperBuyer
With my responsibility for the fleet, I was offered a brand new first owner etc. Lexus IS-220D for £17,200 inc VAT and 1 years RFL which I thought was pretty good - how does that stack against the OTR price you've been given?
4k off any new Lexus. The IS250 SR auto for example is 25,580 on the road so 4K off that.

Im not after a diesel but the basic 220d is £23192 OTR so would be 4k off that, so 19k. Im guessing there is still a couple of grand at stake in the big scheme of things?

Edited by doog on 29/09/2008 at 12:52