1998 2.0 abs unit - notaclue
Please help! My car ford mondeo won't pass the MOT, because the ABS anti braking light doesn't work. According to the mechanics, the cables were cut (I bought this car in May of this year), they said they tried reconnecting the cables, and then changing the light bulb, but it still doesn't work. Mechanic says I have to buy the ABS unit which costs £500, (almost the price of the car) and I don't have that kind of money. Does anyone have another option?? PLEASE!!
1998 2.0 abs unit - gandaulf
i take it they have checked the fuse and relay for the abs? befor buying a controlle unit get them to check the wheel sensors as a dodgy one could knock the light
1998 2.0 abs unit - notaclue
Thanks for your reply. Mechanic claims they checked it with the computer and that if it was one of the sensors it will be the other way around and that the light will be on all the time. I guess this means I'll have to buy the ABS unit, do you know if a second hand one will work and if it is an expensive work to be done at the garage? Hope you can help (again!!)
1998 2.0 abs unit - gandaulf
if they say its defernatley the abs unit so be it theres no reason why a secondhand/reconditioned unit carn't be used your best bet would be e bay or many of the specalised breakers on the web