Insurance renewal - nick62
Wow,

I've just had my insurance renewal reminder and it has increased by 10% from last year to £770, (no difference/change to circumstances).

Tried a couple of price comparison websites, (over the last couple of years my existing company has been competitive and usually a phone call to beg for a "loyalty discount" gets another £25 to £30 discount), HOWEVER, I've just insured with the RAC for £486.00. That's almost 37% cheaper (or £284 in real money).

Nice to get a result.
Insurance renewal - freddy1
oh , i must be getting old or something , my 12 mth fully comp policy came in at £99 all in this year ,,

the wonders of SAGA ,,,,

i,m only 54
Insurance renewal - SuperBuyer
Similar thing for me - renewal notice at £536, shopped around and renewed at £380, including a mileage 'upgrade' to a more realistic 40K. I can't wait for another 25 years to get SAGE rates, freddy!!!!

I didn't think £380 was bad for a Golf GTI (150bhp diesel), doing 40K p/a with business use for a 29year old male. 8 years NCD does help...
Insurance renewal - Collos25
Well Iam 60 and Saga quotes have been much higher for me than with other insurers it depends how their book looks on the day.
Insurance renewal - NorfolkDriver
I used to insure with Norwich Union.

Each year, they would send me my renewal which would be more than the previous year. I would go online, as a new customer, and get a quote for less than the previous year.

I know alot of people that work at NU and was told they know this happens but most people accept their renewal notice without question so can get away with it.

Insurance renewal - Falkirk Bairn
oh i must be getting old or something my 12 mth fully comp policy came
in at £99 all in this year
the wonders of SAGA

I insure 2 x cars - Xtrail 2.2 (newish) + Mazda 2.0ltr(old) for £300 and thought that was good

Mind you at £99 Comp you did not state the type of lawnmower you drive!
Insurance renewal - freddy1
sq
peurget 106 , 2 dr 1.1l engine

Edited by Pugugly on 16/09/2008 at 19:56

Insurance renewal - Cliff Pope
That's almost 37% cheaper (or £284 in real money).

>>>>

No it's not. If your renewal quote was £770, up 10%, then last year's premium must have been £700. £486 is a reduction of 30%, not 37%.
You have saved on the actual premium you paid last time, not against a theoretical payment you are not going to pay.
Insurance renewal - Bill Payer
I'm just old enough for SAGA and find their quotes way out.

I've had good prices for years (not the very cheapest, but there are other things to take into account) from Liverpool Victoria but they were a fair bit dearer this year. However you can talk to a real, sensible, UK person and we did agree acceptable premiums (on 2 cars, on 2 different occasions).

My daughter was just sent a renewal at £386 from Admiral - I expected a fair bit lower this year as she turned 25. Their sister company, Bell, came in at £236 using their oinline quote. Called Admiral, they requoted at £270, then matched the Bell price whem I told them that (it's the same people in their call-centre so they can access the Bell quote). I wonder how many people would just renew at £386 - my daughter probably would have intended to get other quotes but then never got around to it.