Early loss of no-claims bonus? - Alwyn
A pal of mine gave his M reg Toyota to his son as a 21st birthday prezzie. If I recall correctly, insurance quotes were between £600 and £1K.

Anyhoo, three days later, the son's car was hit from behind by a lady driving a smaller car and the consequences were a write off for her car and major damage to rump of the Toyota.

Does anyone know of a faster loss of potential no-claims bonus?

I pointed out to the father that it was a no-claim bonus his son was building up, not a no-blame bonus. Ooooooops!
Early loss of no-claims bonus? - Toad, of Toad Hall.
I can beat that.

A friend from schools (wealthy) father bought him a Golf before he took his test, it would sit in the drive lookin gshiney until he passed.

It didn't on nights his parents were out we wen't for long blasts into Cheltenham and generally did other bad things.

The night before his test cooincided with a night when his father was away.

Yep. Car written off the day before he was legally entitled to drive it. Glad to say I wasn't there. Even gladder to say I wasn't there when his father found out...

For those in the know it was on the S bends between Beckford and Ashton Under Hill.

He's an accountant now.

--
Parp, Parp!
Note: All Toad posts come with an implied smiley.
Early loss of no-claims bonus? - Obsolete
Surely if he was hit from behind it does not affect his no claims bonus? When I was hit from behind the insurance company stated that it was the other drivers fault for not keeping a safe distance.
Early loss of no-claims bonus? - Toad, of Toad Hall.
Surely if he was hit from behind it does not affect
his no claims bonus?

Only if she's insured!

--
Parp, Parp!
Note: All Toad posts come with an implied smiley.
Early loss of no-claims bonus? - Mark (RLBS)
>>Surely if he was hit from behind it does not affect his no claims bonus?

Probably stating the obvious, but....

It is not related to blame. Nor is it related solely to whether or not your Insurer gets their money back.

To retain your NCD after an accident, then..

Both parties must be insured by insurers taking part in the knock for knock agreement

and

you must recover all your uninsured losses, although recovering your excess is normally sufficient.

or

Your insurer must recover *all* their losses from the other party or his insurer in real money.

Early loss of no-claims bonus? - Obsolete
Subtle humour! HE was the manager of the project I was working on at the time. Thankfully he is not a ****.