Trade policy - vehicles driven by someone else - bromine
My girlfriend is not on my trade policy but she's on her own comprehensive policy on her car. She is covered to drive any other cars as long as the car does not belong to her and insured. Is she going to be covered to drive one of my stock cars with my consent? I assume all of my cars are covered by my insurance because this is a trade policy? My trade policy is a third party road risk only policy.
Trade policy - vehicles driven by someone else - jc2
Tho' she has comprehensive cover on her car,her "driving other vehicles" cover will be the legal minimum third party cover.
Trade policy - vehicles driven by someone else - bromine
So she can still legally drive it?
Trade policy - vehicles driven by someone else - Mookfish
Probably not as the cars in stock won't be named on a trade policy, the only way you can find out for sure is to phone both insurance company's.

Even if she is covered be prepared for ANPR stops and alot more hastle than if you were stopped whilst driving on your trade policy.
Trade policy - vehicles driven by someone else - pd
If you put the car on the MID then ANPR stops will not be a problem and, presumably, you do that with any car you drive (at least I do even if within the 14 day requirement) as it costs nothing and prevents hassle.

The only issue I can see is that most (all?) domestic policies exclude any motor trade use so you need to be sure it is SD&P and can be proved as such if needed.