Insurance Query - allan doc
My friend is wanting to use my car for the weekend and im not to sure how the legal stuff works. He is wanting to get insured on my car just for a week but im not to keen on putting him on my insurance because if he was involved in an accident it would ruin my no claims bonus. Is there any way around this so that he could get his own insuarnce for the week and if was involved in an accident it would not effect my no claims.
Insurance Query - Bill Payer
Google for day or short term insurance (or something similar).

ie:
www.norwichunion.com/short-term-insurance/

Loads of companies do this. I'm not sure what happens in your case as he doesn't own the vehicle - may or may not be an issue.

Edited by Bill Payer on 26/08/2008 at 11:24

Insurance Query - Collos25
I think you need to be the owner of the car or it is uninsured at the time why doesn't he just hire a car for such a short time.
Insurance Query - Bill Payer
I think you need to be the owner of the car or it is uninsured
at the time why doesn't he just hire a car for such a short time.

I thought ownership would be a problem, but the NU site talks about typical uses being insuring dealer's demo or loan cars.
But these cars are not idividually insured thats why they ask you to pay the insurance for a loan car if you take a test drive they should put some trade plates on display.
Insurance Query - R75
I have used the short term insurance a number of times, used different companies each time as I just went for the cheapest. I never owned any of the cars I insured using this method and never had any problems.
But were they insured already I think not.
Insurance Query - Adam {P}
I can only recommend Dayinsure. I'm a little confused as to what Andy's on about as all the cars I've insured myself on have been insured by the people that do own them when I've been driving them...if that makes any sense.

What I'm trying to say is, they've already been insured on another policy when I've taken out this short term one.

Adam