03 2.0L diesel - Clutch problem please help! - Mambo
Hi,

My OH drove my Vauxhall Zafira diesel the other day and said my clutch was going because the revs were higher than the mph whilst changing from 3rd to 4th gear.

Although the car has felt a little sluggish (it's due for a service) there has been no problems changing gear . Is it likely that the clutch is going and should I get it replaced asap or wait until it gets worse (could this cause further damage).

I've been quoted between £700-£1000 for a new clutch, which is a fair bit of money to me, is this about what I should expect to pay?

Can anyone recommend a good clutch repair centre in the NG16 area (north nottinghamshire)

Thanks for your help folks.

Mambo

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 30/07/2008 at 13:39

03 2.0L Zafira 2.0L Clutch problem please help! - RichardW
If when you change up into 4th the engine revs faster and then drops back without you changing the accelerator position, then most likely the clutch is slipping. This might be due to the cable or hydraulics needing attention, or might be due to the clutch being worn out. Either way you should get it looked at - if the mech needs attention, then it will ruin the clutch if not fixed, if the clutch is shot, then it will start to ruin the flywheel making the repair even more expensive. Either way, it could leave you stranded at the side of the road. Best to get someone to look at it who's got a good knowledge.
03 2.0L Zafira 2.0L Clutch problem please help! - Dynamic Dave
This might be due to the cable or hydraulics needing attention

Hydraulic on these. Shares the same master cylinder as the brake fluid.
03 2.0L Zafira 2.0L Clutch problem please help! - Victorbox
...and isn't the clutch slave cylinder hidden in the bell housing for some daft reason?
03 2.0L Zafira 2.0L Clutch problem please help! - topbloke
oooohhhhh yessss