96 2.5v6 Replacing Rear spring - Ian J
I have a broken rear spring on my Omega 2.5v6 petrol. How do I replace . Is it just a matter of jacking up car ,removing road wheel, using spring compressor to compress and remove old spring and using same to put in new one locating on projecting lugs top and bottom. That is apart from above I do not need to dismantle anything else.
I would appreciate any help and confirmation or not whether above is correct.
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.

Edited by Webmaster on 21/06/2008 at 18:14

96 2.5v6 Replacing Rear spring - piston power
Never done one on the omega but plenty of other rwd cars, as it is broken it will come out much easier,

Just undo all the bolts and support the car on axle stands then jack under the broken spring and lower gently to remove, looking for any brake pipe flexi's that may be attached etc.
96 2.5v6 Replacing Rear spring - topbloke
handbrake on jack the side up with the broken spring so the wheel is just still on the floor remove the bottom shock absorber bolt then continue to jack the car up untill the wheel is a couple of inches in the air shove a axle stand under for safety reasons, with the help of a second party place a stout piece of wood/bar and leaver between the top of the wheel and the inner wing whilst laying under remove the spring, whack the new spring in whilst still leavering and reassemble