2001 1.4 Automatic gearbox - engine cuts out - supergeorge182
Had a problem with my car for a while now, basically on my display i have a sport (an S in a circle) and ice (a snowflake in a circle) indicators, they flash on when i'm driving and instantly slow down the car so that it feels very heavy. I have to pull over and restart the car, if i don't do this the car cuts out and turns itself of. This is a scary problem that has happendned on the motorway when there hasn't been a hard shoulder. I took it to a peugot garage and all they said was that they would put it on a diagnostic machine to find out the problem at a cost of £90! i'm a student and can't afford this.
Has anyone had similar problems with this?........it's getting to the point where i don't want to drive it far as i'm worried for my safety!
2001 1.4 Automatic gearbox - engine cuts out - Screwloose
supergeorge

Welcome to the real world. Unfortunately; just because you are a student, it doesn't mean that cars will cost less to diagnose and repair.

You may be able to find an independent garage to read the transmission fault-codes for less than the dealer - but then come the repair costs....

Edited by Screwloose on 19/06/2008 at 14:13

2001 1.4 Automatic gearbox - engine cuts out - Dog
I duuno if I'm allowed to do this me ole giblet, or if its any use 2 U anyway but ~
www.ilexa.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,17637.0.html

: )