Insurance - firestreak
As the owner of a number of high performance cars, including an Aston Martin and an Alfa Romeo GTA, I always regard it as a personal challenge to improve significantly on my insurance renewal premiums when I am notified of them. I have just received my Alfa renewal and it was £423 including breakdown cover. By the time I had shopped around intensively I had brought that down to £283 plus b/d cover for £32.00. This quote was from MORE TH^N

Although my Aston renewal is nor due yet I also asked MORE TH^AN to quote for that. Although all the other quotes I received ( including that from the AMOC's official broker )were for £6-700.00 or more that of MORE TH^N was well below £500.00.
Insurance - Statistical outlier
Do you work for More than by any chance?
Insurance - Pugugly
Locked pending a response (e-mail) from the OP

No unlocked following a response from the Firestreak. Only 'cos he promised a free drive in the Aston* (the real reason is we're satisfied there's no connection with More Th>n)

*Joke - Mods are incorruptible

PU's views do not reflect those of other mods. Some of us will do anything for a cheap pint and ploughmans - DD

Edited by Pugugly on 17/04/2008 at 21:32

Insurance - midlifecrisis
Don't tell me...he got a final warning because his girlfriends pregnant, he's got a new job, turned over a new leaf and any further punishment would be counter-productive. :)
Insurance - rtj70
I initially thought it was a free plug for MoreThan because he seemed to spell the name as they do each time. Only it's actually MORE TH>N, i.e. uses the greater than ">" symbol.

Wife is with this company and they have been quite competitive and helped sort out two claims which were not her fault.

Personally would not go for the cheapest insurance because when you need them you want and need service.

Edited by rtj70 on 17/04/2008 at 21:11

Insurance - krs one
Must.....buy......More.....Than.......insurance.
Insurance - martint123
and helped sort out two claims which were not her fault.

That sort of info is well worth knowing - thanks
Insurance - rtj70
She obviously paid out the excess initially but they got it back for her quite quickly. And she has protected no claims.
Insurance - GJD
Personally would not go for the cheapest insurance because when you need them you want
and need service.

This argument comes up a lot, and it has an obvious and sound basis. However, I wonder if I've just been lucky. I do tend to go with the cheapest, which means I switch providers quite regularly. In the last few years I've had occasion to call on the services of four different insurance companies (three big names and one Lloyds-underwritten outfit a broker found). In all four cases, the company in question was the cheapest at the time and the level of service was no less than I expected.

In my personal experience, cheapest and good service when you need it can go hand in hand.
Insurance - Statistical outlier
Sorry Firestreak, was a bit cynical there. Glad you got good service.

My best renewal quote has come from eSure - anyone got any experience of them before I commit?
Insurance - daveyjp
My only claim was through e-sure. All handled very well.

Despite not being my fault, there was no one to claim against so come renewal time the cost went to extortionate levels as it reduced my NCB to below their 4 year minimum for cover.

They are always quite competetive whenever I go for renewal quotes now though.
Insurance - Hamsafar
My insurance is due soon, the More Than>>> quote was horrendous at £678 vs. an average of around £320.
Insurance - Group B
I'm due for renewal of my insurance next month, and got a quote for modified car insurance from Greenlight a few days ago. Saw this thread so I thought I'd give More Than a try... Online quote was £135 more expensive than Greenlight, without mentioning the modifications! Thanks but no thanks! If I'd had the opportunity to mention the chipped engine they would probably have declined to quote at all..
Insurance - PR {P}
Good choice of car a GTA! I was insured with More than last year, but come renewal time, because someone hit the GFs car whilst it was parked (GFs car policy with another company) and despite the fact they admitted liability and agreed to cover it, More than would no longer protect my NCD becuase of the claim on the policy (in addition to one of mine in 2005). I went with esure.
Insurance - oldnotbold
More Th>n were 87% more expensive than Autotrader when I ran my quote through Confused.
Insurance - Orson {P}
I'm insured with autotrader, who use Allianz. Very impressed with service following being rear ended by a 3 car bump. Instant call to say other driver has admitted liability, where would you like it repaired, what courtesy car can we give you (despite not having the entitlement on my insurance), timely and accurate. Maybe it helped that by a freak of nature, the other 2 drivers were also with Allianz?
Insurance - gmac
I tried More Th>n last time as I wanted extended cover for Europe.

They told me they would only provide me with a quote for European cover once I had taken out the basic policy.
I tried to explain to them that for me to make an informed decision comparing them with other companies I had to know what the cover provided would be and what it would cost.

I'm not insured with them as I didn't feel like writing them a blank cheque.
Insurance - mike hannon
Well the OP has certainly succeeded in his free publicity bid, hasn't he (or she)? The result may not have been quite as intended, though. ;-)
Insurance - PR {P}
I know exactly what you mean gmac, I tried exactly the same. I have found they are all fairly similar in costing for extending cover for Europe. I left them a suggestion they should either include it or at least an option like Norwich Union, where you buy the cover annually for about £25 a year.
Insurance - gmac
I know exactly what you mean gmac I tried exactly the same...
...like Norwich Union...where you buy the cover annually for about £25 a year.

Tried them too. I don't have an Eastenders/Coronation Street accent so "Kevin" in the Indian call centre/center could not compute.
I'm with a NW insurance company at present but also wrangling with them over a passenger window which was not replaced like for like so will not give them free advertising either.
Insurance - ifithelps
They charge More Than a lot of other companies by the sound of it.