1995 1.2 8v - Hot Starting Problem - osxgimp
Hi all,

I have a hot starting problem with my Corsa. When it's completely cold it starts first time with no throttle. Once the car is warm or even just run for a few minutes it's very hard to start. It will start eventually but wont even fire until you push the throttle way down. It will then catch but misses a lot until you can get the revs up. After that it runs fine. This has been getting slowly worse over the last few weeks, in the last couple of days it sometimes cuts out from tickover and again will only restart with loads of throttle and then runs rough for awhile. The injection light doesn't come on.

So far I've replaced the plugs, leads, cap, rotor arm and air filter. I've recently replaced the temp sensor in the inlet manifold.

I've found a few post with very similar symptoms but no definite results and ideas on what to swap next?

Cheers,

Brian

Edited by Webmaster on 06/04/2008 at 19:19

1995 1.2 8v - Hot Starting Problem - Screwloose
Brian

If you hadn't changed the coolant temp sensor for the ECU, then I'd have gone for that - was it a good sensor and were it's terminals nice and clean?

The only other commonly temp-related fault on a Corsa is the crank sensor.
The temp sensor was good. If you earthed the lead the temp gauge goes up to full. It reads a bit higher with the new one but not a lot.

Any idea if it was the crank sensor why it only starts with lots of throttle?

Cheer,

Brian
1995 1.2 8v - Hot Starting Problem - Screwloose
Brian

The sensor for the gauge isn't the one for the ECU.
DUH...I've now found the correct one!!! time to visit the dealer;-)

Thanks,

Brian
That fixed it :-)))

Cheers,

Brian