Mazda 6 estate V Honda Accord Tourer - Dobiesmon
Hi
I am thinking of one of these to replace my for Granada what I would like to know which is better for reliability and cheaper to run ie on parts , service etc,
it won't be a new one it will be about 3-4 years old
Mazda 6 estate V Honda Accord Tourer - Alby Back
I suppose they would both be good in reality. For what it's worth, I was chatting to a friend in Italy a couple of weeks ago. He has had Mondeo diesel estates like me for quite a while with no reliability issues. He changed a year ago to a Mazda 6 diesel estate and is very disappointed with it. Reliability problems have kept it off the road three times and he also says that he does not enjoy the drive as much as his old car. Can't speak for the Honda but people do seem to rate them. Of course it would be quite wrong to base a judgement on one person's view but if it 'twer me and those were the shortlist cars I think I'd be looking to the Honda first. At the risk of brickbats my personal choice would be the Mondeo.
Hi
Thanks for that I have always had fords never driven anything else , which Mondeo est would you recommend to look at while I am out ,
Mazda 6 estate V Honda Accord Tourer - rtj70
I previously had a Mondeo TDCi hatchback until it was replaced with a Mazda6 Sport 2.0d hatchback. I cannot comment on reliability as nothing has gone wrong on the Mazda6 since October. But I find it nicer to drive, more refined and more comfortable.
Mazda 6 estate V Honda Accord Tourer - Alby Back
Depends what you want I guess. I have a diesel Ghia x which has lots of toys and comfort features but I do use it a lot and appreciate those things. If your mileage is relatively low and fuel economy is not the vital ingredient you will get a lot more car for your money by going for the four cylinder petrol versions, both of which will still achieve mid 30's in mpg. Many say the zetec is the best compromise in terms of kit. I have run mine for well over 100k mls and servicing has still not cumulatively cost more than £1000 in total ! It has needed no repairs at all.
This is the only reason I am changing

(( I drive a Ford Granada L reg jan 1994 2.0i Executive 5d now 145.000 on the clock I have had the car 10 years it has done me proud but as time has gone on now parts are hard to find with the garage and they say time to call it a day as I am now told with the problem ( head gasket on its way out would be a big job ,just had a new petrol tank before xmass and now a new idle control valve as it kept hunting and revs drop cutting out when braking ie coming off slip rds roundabouts but would start again when engine cooled .still does this and we have a bit of smoke from the back tinge bluesince having the valve fitted .

what else could I look at that has a big boot to carry dogs .))

Mazda 6 estate V Honda Accord Tourer - Clk Sec
I?ve owned a Mazda6 for around five and a half years now and have been extremely happy with it. My local dealership is excellent, servicing is competitively priced and reliability is second to none.

Although I?m a low mileage driver (clutching wooden desk as I type) the only expense I?ve incurred, apart from the usual, is the replacement of a small lens which was fitted during my last service for an additional £4.00.

If it wasn?t for the increased size of the new model, I would almost certainly buy a replacement 6 within a year or so.

Mine isn?t the estate version and I have no experience of Honda.

Hope this helps.

Clk Sec