Tyres and price of parts - BryanT
21 months ago I bought a Note SVE. I like the car apart from the tyres and the price of spare parts. Last year, a puncture resulted in my having to get a new tye, there's only one manufacturer - Continental. The tyre cost ca. £120. This year, a vandalised rear wiper arm cost me £58.20 not including fitting. Today during its 2nd year service, the garage told me the front tyres were nearly worn out at only 8600 miles. I've never had such poor tyre life in 43 years of motoring. This is my first Nissan and I'm not impressed.

BT
Tyres and price of parts - XantKing
Sister's 1.4 SVE Micra is the same - unusual tyre size means she can't get a tyre for any less than about 70 quid. Bit odd for a car supposedly at the smaller end of the market - wonder if the lower spec models are the same?
Tyres and price of parts - Optimist
Don't know what the size is but have you tried Black Circles on the web? Good prices.
Tyres and price of parts - daveyjp
General question, but relating to the high tyre wear.

Does low mileage result in more air being lost?

I check our tyres regularly. The high mileage Audi (15,000+ pa) hardly loses any air between checks - 1-2PSI.

The low mileage Aygo (<5,000 p.a.) loses 10-20% - 3-6PSI over the same time, but the tyres don't look low.

Extended use of a car with tyres at 20% below advised pressure can't be good for tyre longevity.

Does low mileage also mean more low speed manouvering resulting in higher tyre wear?

Less than 10,000 per tyre usually means high performance cars.
Tyres and price of parts - movilogo
This is my first Nissan and I'm not impressed.

Hope it will be your last Renault.

Yes, I've read some rants over Note's tyres elsewhere.
Tyres and price of parts - Optimist
Another thought. Not sure what "nearly worn out" means in garage-speak but is it possible to put the front wheels on the back where (no power steering or drive) means less wear and get some more mileage that way?
Tyres and price of parts - Hoseman
I drive a Nissan Note SVE Automatic and have 9000 miles on after 13 months driving in urban conditions. I check tyre pressures every month and my front tyres have lots of tread life left. I would expect to get 20000 plus mileage out of them.
With regards to the car I am very pleased with it and up till now I have no complaints at all.

Regards Hoseman
Tyres and price of parts - Falkirk Bairn
I drive a Nissan Note SVE Automatic and have 9000 miles on after 13 months
driving in urban conditions. I check tyre pressures every month and my front tyres have
lots of tread life left. I would expect to get 20000 plus mileage out of them.

Swap front and back tyes say at 15K miles and you effectively get new tyres on the front and adequate tyres on the back - at 30K mls you will not have bought any tyres at all.

By then maybe A N Other Co will make that size and market forces will bring the price down.
Tyres and price of parts - Billy Whizz
www.mytyres.co.uk have Continental PremiumContact 185/55 R16 87H XL for £70 (inc. P&P) each, but are indicated as having a long lead time. (This size is also fitted to some Clios). Certainly they look to be in very tight supply.
Tyres and price of parts - Bill Payer
Why on earth would it need XL tyres?
Tyres and price of parts - Hoseman
Many thanks for that advice FB . I will do what you suggest and when the time comes to sell or P/EX I will have saved some money

Thanks Hoseman
Tyres and price of parts - woz
I have a 2007 1.6 Auto Nissan Note just done 22000 mostly motorway miles. I had same problem with the tyre's being very expensive in that size (185/55/16) so had 195/50/16 put on you can get them cheaper as they are a more popular size and they don't affect the handling or ride, there is loads of room under wheel arch to take larger wheels and tyre's.
Tyres and price of parts - Steve Pearce
I've had Michelin Energy fitted as standard on my last two Picasso's and I reckon to get 50K+ out of the front set (and 85K out of the rears). I replaced the fronts at around 55K with Continental Contacts and got less then 20K before they need replacing. I've gone back to the Michelins.
Tyres and price of parts - jase1
This is my first Nissan and I'm not impressed.

Well, you will buy French cars....
Tyres and price of parts - Theklf99

I know this is an old thread but just thought I'd share with everyone my experience of the Note.

Up to now we've had two Nissan Note's on the motability car scheme, so thankfully wasn't paying for tyres on it.

The first one we had - 57 plate - was going through tyres like they were going out of fashion. Each year we must have gone through about 3 sets of tyres which a lot of my friends said for just 15,000 miles a year that's ridiculous. This was our first car so I didn't know exactly how long tyres were supposed to last.

The second one we've now got which is a 60 plate seems a lot more better on the tyres. I don't know whether they're using different tyres or something, but firstly these new tyres seem to have a lot more deeper tread on them, and secondly they do last a lot longer.

On the vehicle we did about 40,000 miles on the first set that was included with the vehicle. We only have 60,000 miles allowance in this car so if the first set lasted 40,000 (the guy at Kwik fit was quite surprised they'd lasted so long) and this set lasts just as long then we should have no need to replace them again during our contract with motability.

So it seems that the newer Nissan Notes seem to have longer tyre life than the older ones. The old Note we had was a Nissan Note SVE, this new one is the Nissan Note Teckna (the SVE was the top of the range trim for the Note, but they've now changed the trim names and the Teckna is the equivalent to the SVE).

Also I notice some people slagging these cars off on here because they're French - they are NOT French - Nissan is just in partnership at the moment with Renault. The cars themselves are made here in Britain (Newcastle), and most of the parts come from Japan. In the Nissan's you get the best of three - British engineering (famous for the Mini, Land Rover, MG, etc), Japanese technology, and French design (ooh-la-la!). Also before getting another Note we did look at the Renault's and the dealer said to us the Modus is exactly the same as the Note - even though the two are in partnership and are similar the Note is nothing like the Modus. The back end of the Modus is so much more lower than the Note, as well as the lights, there was no Sat Nav as standard, automatic headlights, automatic windscreen wipers, quite a lot of the technology was missing - it was like comparing a Skoda to a Volkswagen, they might be made by the same company but they are very different vehicles.

Tyres and price of parts - ohsoslow

My wife's Note got through a set of the Contis in about 18 months, c15,000 miles, even after changing front to back at about 9 months.

It now sits on Michelins which I hope will last longer but already we notice that they are a lot quieter and were a lot cheaper. They are however a speed rating down, V to H or vica versa. As both of these ratings far exceed the car's capabilities I am quite happy to use them.

As the tyres were changed at about the insurance renewal time the change was declared, one company would not insure it but most others who quoted accepted the change with no additional premium.

Edited by ohsoslow on 22/01/2013 at 09:05

Tyres and price of parts - Ethan Edwards

The Conti's lasted on my 1.6 Note (Ntec with the difficult to get size tyres) lasted me about 37K miles. I replaced them with Falken Ziex912's. What a difference..much smoother less jiggly ride and they were cheaper than the Conti's. Blackcircles.com If yours only lasted 15,ooo miles theres something wrong maybe tracking?

Tyres and price of parts - ohsoslow

Tracking seemed OK. They had all worn evenly and had the tracking checked anyway. To be fair they were only down to 3mm when they were replaced at the back end of summer as with the wet weather and necessary journeys good tread deemed preferable.

The Contis are well known for being made of cheese. You did well to get 37k.

Tyres and price of parts - Ethan Edwards

Thats all pounding up and down the A12 ....75 miles a day. No traffic light grand prix starts etc. I've moved on from the Note to a Yaris now....and back to the flippin Conti's.

Back to the harsh jiggly ride.....soon as they are worn out on go the Falkens. I think the sidewalls are reinforced? Totally unsuitable for the 'rutted poughed field effect' of rural 'efficks' / British roads.

Try them out you won't regret it.