'05 2.0 - misfiring - mattD
Hi All,
My '05 primera 2.0 started misfiring after it was serviced about 8 months ago. The symptom is the rev needle kicking down at idle - I can feel the engine sort of "kicking", intermittent loss of power when pulling off, accelerating etc. It sometimes feels like the engine is "stuttering". Before the service there was no problem. The problem was only slight at first but it's getting worse. Trying to crawl along on the M25 this evening was a nightmare as the problem seems more acute at lower revs.

I'm assuming it's gonna be an electrical thing - faulty coil, spark plug or HV lead. Is this a reasonable assumption or are there other things that could cause these symptoms?
What's my best way to diagnose the fault?

I'm not a mechanic, but I can manage a basic service (better than nissan can judging by the loose, leaking oil filter I found), so any help much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 06/03/2008 at 18:43

Top Reply

'05 2.0 - misfiring - FIXED - mattD
For anyone interested, there was a crack in the ceramic of one spark plug! New spark plugs fixed the problem.

All Replies

bump. Anyone?
'05 2.0 - misfiring - Screwloose

So many possibilities for such a range of symptoms. A coil should have got worse or flagged a code - on a QG I'd have said timing chain? Or a VVT issue, or maybe an air-leak/MAF fault?
'05 2.0 - misfiring - jc2
What was done at the service?
'05 2.0 - misfiring - pete&hisgolf
I had something a bit like this on my Mazda. Stuttering etc. Took it in to a local independent to get it serviced/looked at and turned out to be some kind of sensor being loose ?crank sensor, knock sensor?. Just needed tightening up. They said the problem had actually got worse while they'd had it, so it could be some kind of fastening that can accidentally get loosened when work is being done on the engine.

Good luck.

Pete
Last service was oil, oil filter, air filter and spark plugs. It's due another service now (next weekend) so I'll have chance to try to get to the bottom of it then.
As it started at the last service, I'm hoping it's something that was services - i.e. maybe a spark plug / coil issue. I'll update if I get to the bottom of it. If I don't it will have to go to Nissan for a check up :(
'05 2.0 - misfiring - FIXED - mattD
For anyone interested, there was a crack in the ceramic of one spark plug! New spark plugs fixed the problem.