trade in - paulie
can any body make up my mind for me please ? I have a 2001 mercedes c class coupe 2 litre 16 v with a full Merc service history 43k miles,Iam being offered a 2003 Audi A6 1.8 T from a main dealer with 40k miles and al the belts etc done. should I TAKE UP THIS DEAL?
trade in - adverse camber
what deal?

straight swap?
trade in - paulie
1000 Euro to the dealer.

Edited by Pugugly on 01/03/2008 at 21:28

trade in - JohnX
Not too sure about the trade in values, but I can comment on the A6 as I had bought one 2 months back , a diesel though.

Apart from the butch looking front grille, its a reasonably discreet car.Heavy ,so Im not too sure if a 1.8 would be adequate enough to shift it reasonably quickly.

Overall image wise and interior build quality ,way ahead of the C class,and and doesnt scream yuppie quick money like a BMW.

I would have preferred a diesel though , good economy and good low down torque, more suited for a car of this size than a 1.8 petrol engine.

Edited by JohnX on 02/03/2008 at 18:26

trade in - Peter S
I had an A6 1.8T as a company car once (1998 IIRC). The 1.8T engine at that time had 150bhp, and the 'T' gave it a reasonable amount of low down torque. I very seldom had more than 1 pasenger, and I found the performance perfectly adequate; the car replaced an A4 1.9 TDI 110.

From memory I covered around 90k miles in 30 months in it, averaging around 30 mpg. It never broke down as such, but did need a replacement turbo at one point...

I've just checked the Autotrader & DVLA website - the car is still taxed (R742PRA) but has now had 11 previous owners!! Since the lease company had it for the first three, goodness knows what's happened since then... 11 owners in 7 years!

Peter