2000 (x reg) TDi (115) - Fuel Tandem pump leaking - kirklander73
Helo all! Hope someone can help!

X reg TDI with PD Engine (115) with a leaky tandem pump, i have been told that these pump units have no servicable parts yet the leak appears to be coming from the 'End plate' on the pump itself...... Dont want to pay VW prices for a new one if it's just a gasket y know??

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 20/02/2008 at 12:37

Fuel Tandem pump leaking - 659FBE
There has been a VAG recall concerning tandem pump cover leakage, but not applying to vehicles of your year. (It was '04 I think).

There are two suppliers of this pump, Bosch and LUK - the Bosch pumps are clearly marked as such on the outer cover. Only the LUK pumps are affected by this recall.

It seems that the problem with the LUK pumps was the fitting by the makers of cover bolts which were either of unsuitable specification or incorrectly torqued. I suspect if you have one of these pumps, it will be difficult to obtain spares. If you have a Bosch pump, a visit to a Bosch service centre might help.

Changing the tandem pump is dead easy if you can find another one, but use a vac pump (or an oil gun in reverse) to prime any new pump you may fit as they don't take kindly to being run dry.

Fuel Tandem pump leaking - kirklander73
Hy thanks for the quick reply!!
Unfortunately it is a LUK pump, it was on the cover too.
looks like i gotta bite the bullet and go V.W.
GSF don't carry them.
Thanks again!
Fuel Tandem pump leaking - Roly93
My 04 plate A4 got recalled cus of this. Apparently the bean-counters at VaG had tried to save a few bob on the cheaper LUK component.
Fuel Tandem pump leaking - kirklander73
Yeh dont expect this from VAG! managed to get a second hand bosch one from 24/7 spares.