VTR - Accident damage, any ideas on repair cost ? - TimOrridge
Hi all,

GF's VTR has been drove along the side of a bollard at a low speed. Damage is door and back wing severely dented. Looks a big job and just wondered of possible costs to get repaired. She has a 300 excess and was wondering if getting it done privately would be cheaper as she will loose her 3yr no claims and hike in insurance premium. Sorry I haven't got any pics yet but can get some if that will help Basically it needs new passenger door and back panel under rear side window as it is dented upwards of the plastic side skirt (3 door)

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 25/01/2008 at 19:01

Saxo VTR - Damaged, ideas on repair cost - VR6
When I had my door dented and rear quarter scratched, the insurance companies bodyshop told me it would cost about £1000 (cost to insurers) as he would have to basically repaint the whole side of the car. This would have written off my car, so I just left it.
HOw old is the Saxo?
Saxo VTR - Damaged, ideas on repair cost - TimOrridge
sorry 2002 02 reg, 31000 on click. Prices on autorater rangiing from 3k to 3.5k
VTR - Accident damage, any ideas on repair cost ? - Screwloose
Tim

Get her to ring her insurers.
VTR - Accident damage, any ideas on repair cost ? - 1066
i dont think a body shop would get out of bed for £300. if she can live with the damage it would be best. if not then dig deep when insurance needs renewing
VTR - Accident damage, any ideas on repair cost ? - adverse camber
Get some quotes then decide if its worth it for the car value.

You might get a door from ebay/breaker but the rear panel would prob. make it expensive.

VTR - Accident damage, any ideas on repair cost ? - bignick2
Genuine citroen parts are

N/S door retail price £220.79 + vat

N/S 1/4 panel retail £189.74 + vat

so that is around £500 then add fitting and painting etc and you will be lucky to see change out of a grand.

Note that both of these parts are listed as specific to the VTR and VTS so secondhand/aftermarket panels for the ordinary Saxo will require some modification.

Lucky she hasn't damaged the plastic panels on the lower half of the door and 1/4 panel as they are around £150 each + vat
VTR - Accident damage, any ideas on repair cost ? - stuartl
Is it metallic paint? If so a decent bodyshop will want to spray the whole side of the car. Certainly you should insist on this if it goes via insurance.

It will be an expensive lesson in using her mirrors in future
""Lucky she hasn't damaged the plastic panels on the lower half of the door and 1/4 panel as they are around £150 each + vat""

She has

She is goibg to go through insurers as advised, it was enivertible that going to happen. Thanks for all advice.

VTR - Accident damage, any ideas on repair cost ? - lorraine38
hi i noticed your response i need a new driver side front door fo my citroen saxo could you tell me where i can get it done as the price you have quoted seems reasonable, thanks for your help
Big Nick???