(00-02) Fusion Amplifier Problem - waldenyid2007
I'm not sure if this is the right site for car audio questions but I'll ask anyways and maybe one of you guys can help me out.

Basically, i bought and fitted a fusion amp and sub in my car and it works all ok. The problem is if i switch the ignition off and back on the amp starts up in protected mode (red light) everytime and to get it to work i have to take out the amp fuse and put it back in (which i guess reboots it or something).

I have absolutely no idea why it does this as after i put the fuse back in it works fine until i turn my ignition off again.

Any advice would be greater appreciated.

Matt

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/01/2008 at 00:17

(00-02) Fusion Amplifier Problem - Peter.N.
The only certain cure I can think of, is to wire it to a permantly live source and switch it off at the amplifier. It sounds as though it doesn't like having having the power removed at the input.
(00-02) Fusion Amplifier Problem - mfarrow
Does it work if you just reconnect the power lead (being careful where you put it of course) instead of pulling the fuse?

If the answer to this is yes then it's something happening when you turn the ignition on that it doesn't like. I'd have a stab at a voltage spike, in which case try fitting a varistor between the supply and ground, rated at about 17V+, to reduce any spiking. Available from Rapid or RS.