Sony CD changer help - apm
Hi all,

Just changed car, new (to us) one has a nice sony radio/cassette head unit fitted, but the previous owner had removed the autochanger prior to trading to the dealer we got it from. Cables are still in place- looking squarely at a certain auction site... Trouble is- how do I find out which changers are compatible with our head unit? Any ideas??

TIA,

Alex.
--
Dr Alex Mears
Volvo 940S estate 1993
Maxda 323F SE 2001
Yamaha RD350 YPVS 1992

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 30/12/2007 at 00:04

sony CD changer help - Altea Ego
perhaps telling us what head unit you have might help? the model number is required.
sony CD changer help - stuartl
I would imagine you can find the answer either via here or online generally.

If all else fails contact the previous owner and ask what model he removed.

He might be willing to sell it to you if his new car i.c.e. has no use for it
sony CD changer help - mss1tw
nice
radio/cassette

Can I interest you in a few VIC20's? ;-) :-P
sony CD changer help - barchettaman
The Astra has a Sony Xplode RC fitted and a 6 disc autochanger under the seat. I can get the exact model later if that helps.
sony CD changer help - apm
Hi all, and thanks for your help.

The head unit is an XR-C7500R. I assume it's quite a new one, as the RX version (shares the manual I have) has DAB.

It would be tricky to contact the previous owner, as he traded the car to the dealer we got it from. I suppose I could ask them, but it would be a pain!

I'm sort of assuming that head units & changers would be compatible across the Sony ranges, but I'm reluctant to buy one on an assumption!!

Re nice radio cassette- while the VIC20 is a fine machine, I'm not that old fashioned. I have a Commodore 64 :-)

Thanks again to all,

Alex.
sony CD changer help - Kuang
The manual for that model lists the CDX-828 and CDX-737 10 disc changers as compatible. It also refers to the XA-C30, which is a multilink box capable of supporting a number of CD and MD changers as well as items using standard audio outputs.
sony CD changer help - bell boy
cd changers are ......so........yesterday
consider an mp3 player with a fitted link to the head unit or even an fm modulator link
i am at this moment removing and replenishing my mp3 player list
cd"s in the boot and speed bumps are just so old fashioned these days

ps only got the mp3 player 10 days ago so go easy on me chaps................
sony CD changer help - stuartl
>>>>>It would be tricky to contact the previous owner, as he traded the car to the dealer we got it from. I suppose I could ask them, but it would be a pain!

Why is this tricky?

He is the previous keeper so you will have his name and address on the V5
Sony CD changer help - ForumNeedsModerating
Do a quick scan with search engine with the head unit "name number" in double quotes
with + "autochanger"

Bound to bring the results you need. Being a Dr. you should know that!
Sony CD changer help - barchettaman
CDX 646 also compatible.
Sony CD changer help - barchettaman
And there are loads of them on eBay.co.uk