2003 320ci - emissions warning light - StephenH
I bought a 2003 BMW 320ci a month ago from a non-BMW dealer with a 3 month guarantee. It has done 25,000 miles and has a new MoT. Last week the yellow emissions warning light (with an outline of the engine in yellow) came on, and stayed on for several trips over a couple of days. Then it went off. I mentioned this to the dealer and he said he would get his service engineer to call me, but he never did in spite of a prompt. The emissions light came on again yesterday and the engine sounded a bit rough. I stopped and restarted the car and the roughness in the engine went, but the warning light stayed on. Any thoughts about what could cause this? Might it be expensive or urgent? Stephen Hayes.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 08/12/2007 at 12:03

BMW 3 series emissions warning light - injection doc
Nothing you can do with a phone call 1, its needs a diagnostic check to see whats reported. Could be anything but I would advise you to follow it up intead of leaving it.
Could be coils, vanos units or a sensor, too many to list so get it checked
Doc
2003 320ci - emissions warning light - GandA
I had similar on my 2001 Honda Accord. Take your car to a garage that has the diagnostic kit and get it checked out and have the alarm reset. It could be a simple one off incident in which case there is nothing to be concerned about. If the light comes on again after it has been reset then a full investigation is needed. Mine needed a new sensor which cost £230 fitted. I was also recommended not to use cheap supermarket fuel.
Cheers

Graham G
2003 320ci - emissions warning light - mani.b
I had the same light come up on my 2003 Bmw 320ci. Took it to the main dealer and they found a problem with the oxygen sensors and enginer lifters.