Peugeot 106 Diesel fumes problem? - Caspar
I've just bought a Peugeot 106 Diesel which drives beautifully except it seems to make me ill!
Every time I drive it I can feel my chest tightening and I feel queasy. I've checked that the tailgate seals tightly but am wondering if there is anything else I can check. Has anyone any ideas? Thanks.
Peugeot 106 Diesel fumes problem? - BrianW
Have you an exhaust leak, perhaps on the downpipe or manifold joint.
Our 106 seems OK, but I had to have the downpipe replaced for the MOT recently as it was leaking (about £60).
Peugeot 106 Diesel fumes problem? - pmh
This may sound silly, but... Do you get the same effect if you sit in the car, windows closed and the engine is not running? Try this with heater both running and not running. How long does it take to affect you? Could it be an allergic reaction to something else (or somebody else) in the car? Cleaning fluids, citroen mineral fluid, dead animals? Do you suffer from asthma? or any other sensitivity to allergens?

(I have suffered from a severe allergic reaction and when I was suffering badly was very sensitive to some plastics and perfumes! The trigger was a protein found in male rats urine! Dont ask!!!)
Peugeot 106 Diesel fumes problem? - smokie
"The trigger was a protein found in male rats urine!"

Sure someone wasn't taking the p1$$?
Peugeot 106 Diesel fumes problem? - balesy
Did you manage to sort the problem out? I'm having a similar problem with my Mondeo TD, after a while the fumes are unbearable, they make your eyes water and give you a sore throat
Peugeot 106 Diesel fumes problem? - DL
Check the condition of the tailpipe; they are often rusty and allow the passage of fumes under the car and ultimately, into the car.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Peugeot 106 Diesel fumes problem? - pienmash
as a owners of nearly 150 cars,id say thats classic exhaust probs,you either sell it to a hippie or get new exhaust init
???
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Peugeot 106 Diesel fumes problem? - Dynamic Dave
???

You took the words right out of my mouth, DL. Must be text message encription.

Considering this thread was started some 19 months ago, I would have thought Caspar has either sold the car by now, or fitted sick bags in the place of air bags.
Funny how these old threads pop up after a period of time isn't it?
--