(1998) - Alarm Fault? - steg
Hello all,

hopefully some one can help me out on here about this?...

After a good old clean of my cars interior, I discovered a button on the side of my car hidden away by the drivers seat. I know it?s the PIR sensor button, but I pressed it, ever since my alarm has been going off at random times,and other times it sits there quietly not making a peep.

I know you can isolate the PIR if some one is in the car, and it arms once you lock with the fob, I have tried in vain to find out if there are ways to alter the sensitivity of the PIR so that it may stop it from randomly going off.

I have been through the VW owners manual (I don?t have a A4 one as of yet) and some of the mechanics manuals about the car But as of yet I have no idea what to do, has any one on here got any suggestions on how I could resolve this ??

Your help will be appreciated.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/11/2007 at 18:49

Audi A4 (98) - Alarm Fault? - Screwloose
steg

I think that button turns the ultrasonics on and off.

Maybe you've activated them and they're faulty; [not exactly unknown...]

There is a procedure in the handbook for turning the interior sensors right off if you leave a dog in the car. Try that.
Audi A4 (98) - Alarm Fault? - Peter D
Just as well you are not a fighter pilot going round pressing buttons on seats, you could find yourself with a birds eye view. Try www.vwaudiforum.co.uk Regards Peter

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 27/11/2007 at 18:50

Audi A4 (98) - Alarm Fault? - Peter D
Further my A6 has a button the the B pillar by the drivers seat. This if pressed once whilst exiting disables the ultrasonics until the car is unlock when is returns to not disabled ready for the next time the car is left. I do have a small LED on the switch that indicates they are going to be disabled. Regards Peter
Audi A4 (98) - Alarm Fault? - steg
LOL, I guess I need to be careful on what I press, I work in IT so I tend to press a button and hope it fixes the problem.

Anyways, I had a good read through this forum, and the one you posted peter, and found a possible solution to my problem.

I was not just cleaning the inside of the car , really got carried away and had done the engine too, I can imagine you all cringing now, but within one of the topics on www.vwaudiforum.co.uk one member mention the boot switch, I had damaged the thing,

I have now repaired it and looking to replace this weekend, only a 5 min job I know but 5 mins is a luxury I don?t get till the weekend. So fingers crossed till then it behaves its self.

Thanks again peter D and screwloose for you replies, it got me in the right direction for sure.

Edited by Dynamic Dave on 28/11/2007 at 10:20