HJ article on Booming Mazda sales in Scotland - Falkirk Bairn
>>The Scottish sales performance of car manufacturer Mazda over the course of September >>has set the company up for a good 2008, it has claimed.

>>According to the firm, it delivered a 3.8 per cent market share in the country during >>September, with it having already sold as many cars this year as it did in 2006.

I have a Mazda and I am delighted with it.

Maybe because the Mazda outlets did so well this year was the reason the sales staff in 2 x Mazda outfits did not get a sale. Ignored in 1 outlet (he did not get out his chair when asked for the price of a car in the showroom) and not given the attention I thought was required at another when I asked about a test drive.

Neither asked me how much I was planning to spend I was looking to spend £15K or a bit more however their views of me were coloured by my 7 yr old/90K mls Civic in their car park (immacualte for yr & mileage).

In the end I bought Japanese and not from a franchised outlet but from Motorpoint.
The chap was very pleasant, showed me what I wanted to see, gave me the approx T/I value other franchises offered and sealed the deal in 90 minutes.

3 weeks later I am delighted with the car and would recommend Motorpoint Glasgow. My son bought a Goldf there 12 mths ago and had equally good service.

Edited by Honestjohn on 24/10/2007 at 22:57

HJ article on Booming Mazda sales in Scotland - Bill Payer
Nothing changes in franchised dealerships, does it?

Surely the manufacturers must 'mystery shop' these places - my daughter did Saturday jobs in a couple of high street stores and the monthly mystery shop reports were a *huge* deal.
HJ article on Booming Mazda sales in Scotland - Falkirk Bairn
Walked to the top of the road today - 1st time for ages as it is uphill all the way - noticed 2 x other 57 Regs at the side of the road - Octavia (Skoda franchise 10 mls) and Focus (Ford Franchise 2 mls) all sporting Motorpoint No Plates.

Maybe it is not just Mazda Dealers that cannot be bothered to do a deal.

Other than as a customer of Motorpoint 3 weeks ago I am not linked to any motor company/franchise
HJ article on Booming Mazda sales in Scotland - Chas{P}
Surely the manufacturers must 'mystery shop' these places....

I used to do that every now and again for a volume vehicle manufacturer mainly doing service departments and the results were shocking to say the least.

I would have a routine service done with a few easy to find faults (eg duff bulb, finger tight wheelnut). Not one place ever found the loose wheelnut even though the service was meant to include wheel removal.

The classic mystery shop was a car that went in with low coolant indicated by a light on the dash. Collected the car, light still on and the coolant was still low. Additionally the muppets spilt a load of oil when refilling and that started to burn off the exhaust manifold causing smoke at the traffic lights.

All was reported back together with covert video footage. Didn't seem make a jot of difference even though these outfits could have been seriously fined by trading standards. Idiots involved should have been sacked on the spot IMO as an example to the network.
Not HJ on Booming Mazda sales in Scotland - retgwte
as ive mentioned before a certain large toyota dealership wont be getting any of my business for refusing to sort out the tracking on a year old toyota, and further that they admitted straight away that their equipment to do the tracking had been broken for more than 6 months, seems the job was too small for them to be bothered

shame as toyota dealerships in other parts of the country are generally ok

car been properly lazer aligned now by somebody else

Not HJ on Booming Mazda sales in Scotland - Vansboy
They might be able to sell Mazda in Scotland, but they can't in Luton!

We've had 2 different dealerships close in last 4 years. The second only lasted 18months or so. It's now become a Welcome Car Credit site. Offering used stock, at not the most attractive prices, together with even less attraxtive interest rates!!

Guess someone needs to take over where Yes! car credit left off.

Unfortunatly.

Incedently, Minories (spelling) Mazde, North of the Border, WERE willing to 'deal' over the telephone & offered an excellent potential proposition when Mrs V was shopping for her Mx5.

VB
Not HJ on Booming Mazda sales in Scotland - catsdad
I recall that Renault have also done extremely well in Scotland in the recent past. As a Scot (living in England) I can't really see why there should be a marked difference against the rest of the UK in mainstream car choice. Unless its a lingering bias in England to perceived "British" marques (Vauxhall, Ford especially). From a Scottish viewpoint all cars are foreign built. More likely company car registrations - which still I guess show the same bias for a range of reasons, not least fleet pricing and will tend to be registered top an English address even if used in Scotland. Either way I'm not sure Scottishness is the reason, rather its an indirect effect of other factors. Hillman Imp (last mass produced Scottish car) anyone?

Edited by Pugugly {P} on 27/10/2007 at 11:27