2004 130 TDCI Misfire Issue - FB_John
Hi

I have a 2004/54 Mondeo TDCI 130PS, which has had a misfire/hesitant problem at 1750 to 2500 under low throttle, it has been back to the dealer a number of times and below is what they have done in the order they have done it, all under warranty.

Upgraded ECU
Changed Air Filter
Changed Injectors
Replaced EGR
Replaced MAF

Every time they have done some work the problem gets better but still exists, the symptoms are less frequent and less pronounced but still exist, I am getting to the end of my patience as every time they have the car it is almost a week.

Any ideas as to where I should point the dealer to look as they dont have much of a clue.

John
2004 130 TDCI Misfire Issue - Pugugly {P}
John.

Plenty of material on this site. Have a look in here and start trawling.

www.honestjohn.co.uk/index.php?url=/forum/search.h...m

and here

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=8442&m...1

and here

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=53889&...e
2004 130 TDCI Misfire Issue - injection doc
John
Before it gets too involved have you tried driving around with aircon off & see if it make a difference? "nd are you running it on the fuel recommended by ford in the handbook? ( BP) Have you ever tried disconnecting the battery in the recommended method then reconnecting & giving a long run ( ie couple hundred miles at night when quiet on a motorway?
Doc
2004 130 TDCI Misfire Issue - meganathorus
Hi John,
Welcome to the Disgruntled Ford Owners Club! Your complaint would appear to be identicle to the issues I posted on this website last week (Thread name : Meganathorus - under the "Discussion page" : Ford - faulty diesel injectors, hesitation on accelerating). May be worth a read. The details you describe are mirror problems encountered on my 2006 (55plate) 2.0DTCI Focus estatevehicle.
I am quite astonished that my local location deleted Ford Dealer seem incapable of sorting out the problem, and only when the "TechnicalDepartment of Ford UK attended the garage were they able to return a car to me in mint condition (last February). Sadly the condition returned, and after 4 further weeks without a vehicle, they returned it to me with the issues unresolved! I am now seeking redress through Ford's Customer Relationship Centre at Coventry. ( PO Box 4430 Coventry, CV3 9BH). Strangely enough FORD do not appear to face up to the public in person, but chose to utilise a PO Box No for their complaints!
I have recently completed a round trip from Warks to York & back, using 2 full tanks of BP Ultimate Diesel. Certainly worth the extra pence per litre, and it has certainly given the car improved performance, but not cmpletely resolved the hesitation at low revs/when cold.
What is your like at the upper end (@ 4th, 5th or 6th gear ? ). My car goes like a rocket once you enter 4 inot 5th and the turbo kicks in, and easily unleashes (CAUTION) 80 - 90 with ease. So the issue is at the lower end of the gears and at low speeds.
Worth looking through this website, search on the factors which are causing you the issues (injectors, hesitation, diesel fuel issues) . I found high volume of info on faulty Ford Diesel injectors/ hesitation issues and poor acceleration in Ford diesel motors
Good luck.