92 1.2 Starting Problems - junior78
hi,
I have a very peculiar and strange problem with my L reg nissa micra....and this problem surfaces only during winters...in the cold winter mornings the car engine turns but just doesn't fires up...as the day progresses and the temp goes up with sun and all, the engine fires up...also I have observed that the fuel pump switching on sound which comes up when u turn the ignition is missing when I try doing the same in the cold winter mornings....I have been going mad over this issue and have got everything else checked and changed like the...engine oil, spark plugs and even the distributor....still the problem of cold start in the mornings persists...and its just in the winter mornings....in summers there is no problem at all...already have spent more than £200 on the services....plz help...thanks.
S

Edited by Pugugly on 12/10/2008 at 21:19

Starting Problems with L Reg Nissan Micra - normd2
sounds like you need a new battery to me.
Starting Problems with L Reg Nissan Micra - junior78
I have already got the battery tested and its in an A+ condition...something to do with temp sensor ??? which causes the fuel pump not to start
Starting Problems with L Reg Nissan Micra - Dynamic Dave
See if any of the suggestions in the following threads help (as well as the links within those posts that will take you to other threads as well):

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=44192
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=21817

Also see the Car By Car Breakdown menu on the left.
Starting Problems with L Reg Nissan Micra - Screwloose

Engine details would help; sounds a bit relay-ish to me.
Starting Problems with L Reg Nissan Micra - bell boy
not the best solution but try an inch of throttle when you first start these old micras and when it cracks up let your foot off
i cant recall actually hearing the pumps on these