Broken into and bent window frame - McP
Some scrote broke into my friends Ford Puma and stole the Ford CD player.

Rather than just break the window, they have used some sort of lever between the window and the channel (is there a correct name for this?) that it slides in.

It feels like there is some metal bent about 6 inches down from the top corner of the door.
It is sticking out about 1/2 inch over a length of about 1 inch.

The friend is going to Autoglass or similar tomorrow.
Is the damage likely to be repairable.
Broken into and bent window frame - AlastairW
Wifey had something very similar done to her Corsa. Local garage bent the door back into shape for £30, no damage to paint. Only snag is it leaks in carwashes (but not in the rain).
Broken into and bent window frame - PhilW
Happened to our Xantia last year while parked at a beach. Heard the alarm, ran to car and a bloke on bike rode down the road and said he had seen a car racing away. Top of window frame was about 9 inches away from roof - as I approached I thought I had left the door open. Nothing nicked - probably saw me or cyclist coming along. Took it to a Citroen garage in Vannes and a mechanic carefully bent it back into place so well that it needs a very close inspection of front door pillar to see a slight dent. Fits perfectly otherwise. When we asked how much he shrugged and said "nothing" and we had to force 20 euros on him "for a beer".
There was something on TV last night about cops and it showed some CCTV of scrote doing this to a car - was on way to bed so no idea of programme or car
--
Phil
Broken into and bent window frame - Simon
Primera 97, I have had exactly the same thing happen some years ago when I owned a Fiesta RS1800. {Details of how they do it deleted. Although it may be common knowledge, lets not tell the remaining few who don't yet how to - DD}

I bent my channel back carefully using welding clamps/grips and a good panel hammer etc, so it was difficult to tell what had happened once I had straightened it. But my car also had black edging strips down the edge of the door (between the window in the front door and the window in the rear quarter) so any potential paint damage was avoided/unable to be seen.
Broken into and bent window frame - Gromit {P}
Punto got the same treatment a few years ago - door frame bent back with a crowbar.

Local bodyshop bent the frame back into shape, resprayed the damaged paint and repaired the lock in a day. There's a slight crease left at the point where the frame was bent, which leaks when a power washer is pointed straight at it, but otherwise I've had no problems since.