Backtracking council - barney100
Basingstoke conservatives promised if they won the local election that they would remove humps from a local road. This road had an excellent safety record before the humps and all the humps have done is infuriate residents. A large petition was ignored by the incumbent party and all opposition poo poohed. The council now says it is going into consultation which means procrastination and no action. We have the most anti car council in the entire country unless of course you know of one worse.
Backtracking council - billy25
A couple of years ago in the next village, the council installed a series of "speed-humps" and a "chicane" just as you entered the village. The Residents who live along this stretch, resolutely plagued the council with complaints about the "incessant" thump-thump of the tyres and the "banging" of Wagon bodies as they went over said humps. Council, ears obviously throbbin, PDQuickly removed the humps, but just painted them on the road to try and fool motorists into thinking they were still there!.
Backtracking council - retgwte
newbury council put a lot of humps in a year or two ago

after a few weeks the local doctors were full of bus drivers with back problems

the bus drivers made a fuss in the media and most of the humps were removed

Backtracking council - billy25
>>after a few weeks the local doctors were full of bus drivers with back problems (caused by Humps?)

>>the bus drivers made a fuss in the media and most of the humps were removed (by the doctors?) <<

Sorry retgwte couldn't resist - tis just my sense of humour problem!!

Billy
Backtracking council - freakybacon
Plenty of 4x4s available these days - no problem coping with speed humps, speed cushions, kerbs.... my grand vitara has no bother with speed cameras either(not fast enough).
Backtracking council - Kevin
Is this about the ridiculous humps along Pack Lane?

It is virtually impossible to drive one of my cars over those humps at any speed without scraping the underside. Glub knows how anyone with something really exotic would negotiate them.

Kevin...
Backtracking council - sajid
are councils liable for the excess wear and tear of the suspension due to the installation of speed bumps?

i know that worn suspensions has a effect on health and safety of the driver so are then councils liable for health and safety as well as increasing co2 levels?
Backtracking council - normd2
on the eastern side of Dunfermline a new housing estate was/is being built. the main road through it had mini-roundabouts and chicanes along its length. After the first few ambulances and fire engines that had to go along it in an emergency were seriously delayed the locals were up in arms. The obstacles have now been removed.