Insurance question - Business use abroad - tr7v8
Ummm, just phoned my insurance Co. the one in Hastings as I'm off to France for an exhibition with work later this year. Since the car is covered SDP with Class 1 bizuse I was checking A. if their was any issue taking it abroad on the Class 1 & B. did I need to notify them.
Response came back "Your policy doesn't cover business use abroad!" So I then gave them the dates & said I was going for pleasure with the wife. He then made a comment that he'd made a note about the question over business use on my file.
I'm not carrying anything except myself, briefcase & a suitcase.... e.g. no Co. stock etc.

Not sure where I stand now to be honest, do I take mine or one of the classics, either the 944 or the TR7?

subject line tweaked to give an idea of the issue - PU
Insurance question - Ed V
Write/email and ask for written confirmation that you are covered for a holiday abroad with your family.
Insurance question - Ruperts Trooper
Business use covers travelling between business meetings so your lack of company stock is irrelevant - your inclusion of "briefcase" does, however, imply business use which your insurer has already clarified.

I think you know exactly where you stand - you're not covered.
Insurance question - tr7v8
I think you know exactly where you stand - you're not covered.

Quite but A. Quite a few of my colleagues weren't aware of this & I bet loads in the back room weren't aware either. B. Not sure to discuss whether they can cover me for an extra premium.

Finally was wondering if any one on here had asked the question & their company did cover them. Would be interested to know as I certainly won't be with this outfit come next years renewal.
Just run the details through Confused.com & after phoning several who wouldn't it appears the AA do & a quote which is only £90 worse than Hastings Direct!
Insurance question - cheddar
Would you employer pay the extra premium? Either annually if it is a regular requ or as a one off.
Not directly but since the flight to the place in France was circa £620 minimum with multiple changes then I'll get it back one way or another!

Insurance question - Pugugly {P}
Never had a problem with my company - RSA. Phoned them last week to say I was popping over to France and Belgium mainly business - "no problem". I want the two guys I'm taking to be covered in an Emergency - "No problem sir, can we have their details ?" Not a budget company....maybe that's why.
Insurance question - wemyss
Not directly related to the question but it does pay to check just what you are covered for. Only the other day I noticed in HJs FAQ the question of third party insurance when driving some other persons car.
It alwyas used to be standard cover but apparently many insurers have dropped this from their policies due to people taking unfair advantage of it.
My Insurer does allow myself to do this and also gives comprehensive cover for someone else to drive my car but only in an emergency medical situation.
wemyss