windows on Vectra opening by themselves - oldpostie
I left my Vectra-C parked this morning, locked up, windows closed. When I returned to it a little while later all the windows were fully open. The doors were still locked and the alarm was set. The car behaved perfectly well the rest of the time I was out.
Is this a known problem, or just a one off ? The Vauxhall main dealer say they have never heard of it.
Car is a 2006 1.8 petrol, not quite a year old.
windows on Vectra opening by themselves - Dynamic Dave
Not heard of it before either. Was there anything pressing against the remote fob buttons as you walked away from the car? If you hold down the open button of the fob, this then opens the windows (closed button does the opposite - obviously). This will also unlock the car, but providing no doors have been opened the car will lock itself again after 30 seconds (excluding the deadlock function)
windows on Vectra opening by themselves - oldpostie
Thanks for that, DD. I did wonder that myself, as I was carrying something bulky. I hope that's what happened. This is why I queried it with the service man at the dealer when I phoned and they said it couldn't. It wouldn't surprise me if he had not come across this. I'll see if it does it again. I think you may well be right, as the car had nevere played it since I had it.