Accident Repairs - Advice please - bristolmotorspeedway {P}
My 56 plate Avensis was recently involved in its second accident, when a bus pulled into it my stationary car. The damage done was along the lines of:
- badly scraped and bent bumper
- wing lightly scratched and pushed out of shape, closing the panel gaps with both the bonnet and front door
- headlight pushed well out of alignment, upwards and inwards
- scuffed alloy

Picked the car up from the bodyshop today, and noticed that the alignment of bumper/wing/headlight is very poor - noticable gaps (3-5mm) compared with the other side (which was all renewed after the first accident 8 wks ago!). The bodyshop has agreed that it is not right and I have booked it in for remedial work next week.

My potential gripe is that all parts were repaired, nothing is new. I'm very surprised the bumper could be salvaged, and I also think the wing was probably too misshapen to repair, hence the huge gaps now present.

Two questions for the back roomers:

- do I have any kind of right to insist (via the insurance company) that new parts are used, due to the relative newness of the car?

- if yes would I be better off doing so rather than allowing the bodyshop another chance to fix the current parts?
Accident Repairs - Advice please - bell boy
you have rejected the repaired job
if they have indeed used s/h partsa they may now get in touch with the area manager to get a charter to fit new parts
i cant say who why or where but a certain insurer is now insisting that for some repairs s/h parts are to be used
or
non thatcham
maybe a nice little job for watchdog to investigate rather than harrasing vance and his motorbikes?
my lips are now sealed
Accident Repairs - Advice please - bristolmotorspeedway {P}
i cant say who why or where but a certain insurer is now insisting that
for some repairs s/h parts are to be used

Cheers for the info bell boy. I've had a better look over it today and the repair is simply hopeless. The driver's side was repaired (new parts) by a different bodyshop a couple of months ago and I honestly couldn't tell it from the original factory fit and finish. This new repair (passenger side) has inconsistent gaps all around it, a finger sized gap twixt foglight and bumper, headlight completely mis-fitting with bumper and wing...I could go on, lol. It's a really useless job that I am amazed they feel comfortable releasing.